The board’s broke

Red Five

19 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

I am not talking about posting tweets. I am talking about reading tweets on this board that others have posted. When I am viewing a page on which someone has embedded a tweet, the tweet won't load.

Is twitter blocked where you're trying to read it?

This might help with the Tweets issue. I noticed that the tweets are loading in two steps. First just text gets loaded, which is all I've been seeing for the last week or so. Then the image of the Tweet loads with all the associated graphics, which wasn't happening for the last week or so. So maybe there's a setting for bandwidth or speed of loading the Tweets or something like that that's causing the issue.

45 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

This might help with the Tweets issue. I noticed that the tweets are loading in two steps. First just text gets loaded, which is all I've been seeing for the last week or so. Then the image of the Tweet loads with all the associated graphics, which wasn't happening for the last week or so. So maybe there's a setting for bandwidth or speed of loading the Tweets or something like that that's causing the issue.

With the Tweets, I would guess it was some combination of the in-progress board upgrade and the OS not handling it right.  Just a guess but I wouldn't put too much stock in anything that was going on the last week-ish due to the board upgrade.

And I do think you are right about the partial loading of tweets.  I've seen it do that before so if things are running slow for whatever reason it might do that.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The spoiler button is missing on the post box.  Could we get that back?

Also, is there an option to have the Rich Text/Plain Text button back?  It was on there when we first started using this version of the board, but it went away right away.

Spoiler should be back.  

I don't remember the Plain Text editor ever being on this version.  Maybe I just didn't notice it before it was gone.  But I don't see an option to add it anywhere.

1 hour ago, GSG said:

I went to post a status update, but it doesn't do anything when I click this box:

status.jpg.7c1b982c30955e25c89e6feb8abd09aa.jpg

I had to use the 'Create' button at the top of the page

Sometimes it seems to take an inordinately long time for it to load.  I've had it take neigh on forever (in computer terms) but it always loads eventually.  :dunno

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Sometimes it seems to take an inordinately long time for it to load.  I've had it take neigh on forever (in computer terms) but it always loads eventually.  :dunno

Idk man. I let it sit for about 2 full minutes and it's not doing anything. Not really a big deal for me, just bringing it to your attention

@DaveH I'm not sure it's the user end. I didn't have this problem with the tweets embedding for a while, but tonight I do. 

Is it browser based?  Is it add-ons? Or is it something from the server? 

I wish I knew more about this stuff to help out.  All I can tell you is what's happening here. When they first posted about tweets not embedding it wasn't happening for me. Now it is.

Firefox 56.0.2 on a Mac running OS 10.12.6