The board’s broke

Red Five

There really is some strange stuff going on. Everything seemed to be consistent across all my devices/browsers but for the last week or so differences are emerging. I use safari on an iPad, chrome on my Android Pixel2 phone and occasionally my PC. I’ll try to pay closer attention and submit how things are acting differently in relation to each other and how they were working seamlessly in the past. 

The plus 1 function is one that stands out and has been jacked up for me the past week so. IDK the whole thing just seems a little more helter skelter than it was. I haven’t really noticed any major problems and that is why I’ve kind of ignored the little glitches but it does seem to be a little off.

20 hours ago, knapplc said:

Just realized the Leaderboard stuff is all gone.  All past history of "days won" is gone. 

1 hour ago, DaveH said:

What leaderboard stuff? I see the leaderboard tab and when I click on it, stuff comes up. What's missing?

I just checked the leaderboard and the only past leader information is from yesterday. It used to show every previous day about a week at a time. You could go back as far as you wanted if I recall. It’s doing the same thing on both my devices.

I really have no idea what this leaderboard looked like before, so I'm not much help here.  You can change the date you want to see in the upper right part of the interface. Maybe that changed?

I will say that looking at the release notes, nothing appreciable has changed functionality wise.  There are no overt errors anywhere in the system that i can see. 

34 minutes ago, DaveH said:

I really have no idea what this leaderboard looked like before, so I'm not much help here.  You can change the date you want to see in the upper right part of the interface. Maybe that changed?

I will say that looking at the release notes, nothing appreciable has changed functionality wise.  There are no overt errors anywhere in the system that i can see. 

If you go to the Past Leaders tab, it used to show 1st, 2nd and 3rd for the last week and let you go to the Next Page to see previous results.  Now it only shows yesterday's results.

My guess is something gakked part-way through the update and some process needs to be re-run to rebuild the history.

58 minutes ago, Mavric said:

If you go to the Past Leaders tab, it used to show 1st, 2nd and 3rd for the last week and let you go to the Next Page to see previous results.  Now it only shows yesterday's results.

My guess is something gakked part-way through the update and some process needs to be re-run to rebuild the history.

Maybe, but that would be kinda of odd to me. If it was data that needed to be regenerated, the update process would have done that or I'd think there would be threads on IPB's support forums about it. The upgrade did not present any sort of error at all, just that everything worked ok.

Did we customize the leaderboard at all?There is no real configuration for the leaderboard either with regard to history. It's just either on or off essentially.

Do people really use the leaderboard? It seem sort of an odd thing to have, but maybe i'm just too old school :)

I'll open a case with invision on it.

When the board software was first loaded it went back through old data and calculated all the "days won." If you were on the board at that time you could see it happen in real time. 

Somehow that reset a couple of days ago, so it only goes back less than a week.  If anything it should show the data from the past four months or so, whenever we updated the board to this version of the software, so clearly just a few days of data is wrong.

• Plus1 1

The Leaderboard appears to be back, but the numbers are off a bit.  I had won 544 days as of 1/2/18 and now it's showing 537.  Mav had won 143 days and now it's showing 137.

No biggie, since that's just a fun little oddity from the site anyway.  Just weird that it calculates differently each time it goes through the database.

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm having this happen fairly frequently now.  

It doesn't do anything when you click into the box? 

For the issues that happen when clicking on stuff like this (where the board should do something without re-loading the page), it will be helpful to try to reproduce with the developer console open. for most browsers, pressing F12 will bring this up. Otherwise it's in the menu system somewhere.

Any errors that are logged in the console directly after reproducing the problem could help support in figuring it out. 

1 hour ago, DaveH said:

It doesn't do anything when you click into the box? 

For the issues that happen when clicking on stuff like this (where the board should do something without re-loading the page), it will be helpful to try to reproduce with the developer console open. for most browsers, pressing F12 will bring this up. Otherwise it's in the menu system somewhere.

Any errors that are logged in the console directly after reproducing the problem could help support in figuring it out. 

I don't know.  Maybe I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for.  But I opened the console and clicked in the text box but I don't see anything happening anywhere.  I tried having a bunch of different tabs selected in the console but I don't see anything.