The board’s broke

Red Five

4 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

I can't read tweets; I mean, they won't embed properly.

You should just have to past the URL into a post.  But it has to be in plain text so right-click and Paste as Plain Text.

If you paste a URL that isn't plain text, there will be a ribbon message that pops us at the bottom of the reply box that asks if you want to paste as plain text.  If you click that, it will work.

You have to give it a second to start resolving.

I'm having the same problem as Red is above with rep points. I'll give one & it just turns green & says "+0" until I refresh. Weird.

Also, last week notifications were screwed up for me. I'd get the red notifications indicator by the bell in the upper right, but when I clicked on the bell, it would just display old notifications I'd already opened up.

Just now, dudeguyy said:

I'm having the same problem as Red is above with rep points. I'll give one & it just turns green & says "+0" until I refresh. Weird.

Also, last week notifications were screwed up for me. I'd get the red notifications indicator by the bell in the upper right, but when I clicked on the bell, it would just display old notifications I'd already opened up.

I think several of the quirks from last week had to do with a version update to the board software that was partially done then failed and had things acting odd until it was able to be completed.

As far as the +1 oddity still going on, I haven't seen it.  Can those having the issue post Device/OS/Browser so we can see if there's a pattern?

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

You should just have to past the URL into a post.  But it has to be in plain text so right-click and Paste as Plain Text.

If you paste a URL that isn't plain text, there will be a ribbon message that pops us at the bottom of the reply box that asks if you want to paste as plain text.  If you click that, it will work.

You have to give it a second to start resolving.

I am not talking about posting tweets. I am talking about reading tweets on this board that others have posted. When I am viewing a page on which someone has embedded a tweet, the tweet won't load.