QB Matthew Tago [Oregon State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

57 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Tago Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/2018 at 01:00 AM

3 hours ago, melscott62 said:

I think it's smart to offer guys like this at the position they want.  I am reminded of the LB we lost to Oklahoma because he wanted to play RB.  They offered as rb and he never played anything but LB for them.  Was a callahan recruit iifc.  He was a stud for them.

Travis Lewis perhaps?  From San Antonio if I recall correctly. 

He was a Callahan recruit who flipped to OU towards the end.  He was great for them, I remember he was fast as hell. 

Whatever you do with a kid you better be honest with them.  If you recruit them at a position you better give them a legit chance to play that position or you will have some kids in your roster that will feel lied to.  Not the culture you want to build.  If they see him as a qb i bet they give him that opportunity to prove himself.  

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Whatever you do with a kid you better be honest with them.  If you recruit them at a position you better give them a legit chance to play that position or you will have some kids in your roster that will feel lied to.  Not the culture you want to build.  If they see him as a qb i bet they give him that opportunity to prove himself.  

Yup.

Wouldnt mind it if he turned out to be like #7 for Iowa State.

13 hours ago, swmohusker said:

You can do this while being honest.  If the kid is the best qb then start him.  If not than he can be a back up or if he wants to see the field more he can switch positions.  Add depth at one position or fill a need at another.  Win-win

4 hours ago, melscott62 said:

You can do this while being honest.  If the kid is the best qb then start him.  If not than he can be a back up or if he wants to see the field more he can switch positions.  Add depth at one position or fill a need at another.  Win-win

I agree.  That is exactly how you do it.  Not saying you, but some people think you can offer a kid to play a position where he is most interested to get him to sign, then play him somewhere else.  

• Mavric changed the title to QB Matthew Tago [Oregon State - Signed LOI]