High speed stretching

I think "lack of intensity" ranks right up near the top of the list of problems Nebraska teams have had the past 20 years. Coach after coach, recruiting cycle after recruiting cycle, it's been the same.

If they don't mail in three/four games a year because Frost has them practicing with more intensity, I'm all for this.

• Plus1 3

I hope he doesn't mean actual static stretching and means more dynamic warmup stuff that looks like football.

Static stretching has been shown time and time again to be a waste of time when compared to just doing the movements you're going to do.

1 minute ago, DaveH said:

I hope he doesn't mean actual static stretching and means more dynamic warmup stuff that looks like football.

Static stretching has been shown time and time again to be a waste of time when compared to just doing the movements you're going to do.

There is a place and time for static stretching, but it is after practice.  It helps with recovery.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

There is a place and time for static stretching, but it is after practice.  It helps with recovery.

This, too, I think is a hold over from years of "well we just did it that way". I don't think there is any indication that stretching actually helps recovery (as measured by future performance) or, for that matter, objectively does anything to improve long term outcomes.

3 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Static stretching cold muscles is terrible but I bet Frost knows this. Just a hunch. 

I don't know, man. D1 sports strength coaches can be, in general, pretty dumb sometimes.  I'm not saying Frosts guy is dumb, but I think you could argue that the state of D1 strength coaching is kinda crappy.

See the Oregon story from last year where a bunch of their players got rhabdo.

When you've selected for the most elite athletes, it's not hard to hide behind their talent.  These elite athletes are going to grow up and get better because that's what they've been selected for.

A strength coaches job should be to make them stronger anyway and certainly not put them in the hospital.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, DaveH said:

I don't know, man. D1 sports strength coaches can be, in general, pretty dumb sometimes.  I'm not saying Frosts guy is dumb, but I think you could argue that the state of D1 strength coaching is kinda crappy.

See the Oregon story from last year where a bunch of their players got rhabdo.

When you've selected for the most elite athletes, it's not hard to hide behind their talent.  These elite athletes are going to grow up and get better because that's what they've been selected for.

A strength coaches job should be to make them stronger anyway and certainly not put them in the hospital.

Man, I say we hire DaveH. Screw eppley and Duval! 

Lol if you actually think this new staff or the strength coach is "dumb" then you have no clue what you're talking about. 

How on Gods green earth could you argue that the state of D1 strength coaching is crappy?! Please, give me links that back up your opinion because I really am curious. 

If you don't think eppley and Duval know what they're doing, especially on a subject I was taught in a health and fitness general education class in college you're crazy 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Huskr25 said:

Man, I say we hire DaveH. Screw eppley and Duval! 

Lol if you actually think this new staff or the strength coach is "dumb" then you have no clue what you're talking about. 

How on Gods green earth could you argue that the state of D1 strength coaching is crappy?! Please, give me links that back up your opinion because I really am curious. 

If you don't think eppley and Duval know what they're doing, especially on a subject I was taught in a health and fitness general education class in college you're crazy 

You see. This is what's sad about conversing in message boards sometimes.

I literally said:

I'm not saying Frosts guy is dumb, but I think you could argue that the state of D1 strength coaching is kinda crappy.

I also gave you an article where dudes were put in the hospital by shady "strength coaches". 

Epley is one of the rarities in that he knows how to get this stuff done. Duval probably does too if he's from the same vein.

That doesn't mean the rest of D1 "strength coaches" may be riding on the coat tails of elite athletes, which is my original point.

2 minutes ago, Crazyhole said:

Stretching is for girls and old people, not the lumberjacks that we have at DONU.  Wake up, piss,  punch a bear in the face, lift weights, beat our opponents into a bloody pulp, drink 18 beers, make sweet beautiful love, go to sleep.   No stretching necessary. 

Sounds good to me. Except I'm not sure where one finds bears for punching

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, DaveH said:

I’m sure Frosty has no clue what he’s doing.

35 minutes ago, Crazyhole said:

Stretching is for girls and old people, not the lumberjacks that we have at DONU.  Wake up, piss,  punch a bear in the face, lift weights, beat our opponents into a bloody pulp, drink 18 beers, make sweet beautiful love, go to sleep.   No stretching necessary. 

To the bear?

PBgWEJi.gif

• Plus1 5