Stanley Morgan Jr. Staying for Senior Season

I am very appreciative of Stan. He has been all Nebraska since his recruitment and remained loyal. He is a tremendous talent from a state that is enamored with the local schools. He has the potential to be a "legend" at Nebraska. Stan coming back is huge and can even be a difference in wins. 

• Plus1 6

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

When the last staff went out, they burned bridges and tried to foment dissent in our locker room. 

What a refreshing change this is to see from Keith Williams in response to Stanley's announcement that he's coming back.

I have nothing but respect for those guys minus Cav and Diaco because of how terrible they were

18 minutes ago, Big Mike said:

Ask Brad Kaaya out of Miami how he  felt this season after going pro after his junior year.  

He was drafted in the 6th round, bounced around a few practice squads this year, and was signed by the Colts to their active roster at the end of 2017.

Does it work out for everyone who enters the draft early, of course not.  I just think people flip out way too negatively when guys do leave college early.  It's the decision of the kid's and their family.

The combination of Stanley Morgan and spielman will be lethal at the hands of a talented coach like Frost. I honestly believe that we have so many talented players already, they just were never coached right. Talented players are like race cars, you need a talented driver to win a race. Mike Riley could never use his talent appropriately. Mike Riley recruiting talented players was like a dog chasing a car, he would not know what to do with the car once he caught up to it. I believe that Frost will turn these two players into NFL ready receivers. Can’t wait till next season to see these two along with tre Bryant.

4 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

back to Stanley..........he needs to show much more reliability in pass receiving.......and better routes/seperation.........he needs this season to up his stock.

good receivers are everywhere.

Agreed.   While Morgan is a good receiver by Nebraska standards,  he isn't exceptional from the standpoint of the national level.  If he wants to move on and be successful at the next level he is going to have to up his game in every aspect.  That shouldn't be taken as a criticism of him in any way because I think he is very good.  

One area Stanley excels at is blocking, dude is a beast on the edge. In this offense that makes him an even bigger returning asset. Can’t understate that enough IMO with all of the edge screens and runs we will see. JD had a nice receiving year, but doesn’t yet hold a candle to Stanley’s all around game IMO.

Edited by caveman99
  • Plus1 2
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:39 PM, Vince R. said:

I am very appreciative of Stan. He has been all Nebraska since his recruitment and remained loyal. He is a tremendous talent from a state that is enamored with the local schools. He has the potential to be a "legend" at Nebraska. Stan coming back is huge and can even be a difference in wins. 

He will definitely be a great ambassador to DONU long after his eligibility has expired.  

None of you are looking at his situation correctly. There 4 main reasons for staying or going.

#1 College experience/degree:

We all remember college. It was a blast for most. Especially for star football players and I t only last so long

#2 Unfinished business on the field:

Any one looking to go early to the NFL not only is talented but believes in them self. He won 4 games as a junior. Everything is setting up in his favor with Frost coming to town. He can go out a winner and shatter every record

#3 Leaving for the NFL this season:

He would have landed on a team and made some good money. Hopefully ending in a great career

#4 Waiting and leaving for the NFL next year:

Can finish his last yr of his degree and enjoy his college experience. Good chance we win more than 4 games. He can greatly improve his draft stock and really set himself up for life

I think he made a good call coming back. He’s gonna leave Lincoln a winner and I’m betting he’s gonna earn a lot of money after working with Frost