Transfers

• 11 months later...

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Not relevant to Nebraska recruiting but Justin Fields is said to be looking at transferring to OSU.

I don't understand that at all. Dwayne Haskins is a Sophomore.

He could be leaving for the NFL still. Then it'd be a Tate Martell vs. Just Fields battle. I think OSU's QB from the '19 class left too so the door could potentially be open

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Man we could use a saftey...

I'm actually cautiously optimistic about our current group of safeties, but you'd always love a kid this talented. Although no one seems to know exactly what the issue is - I was looking around on some Georgia boards, he was away from the team a year ago with medical issues but Smart said it's different this time. A lot of random speculation mostly involving weed or grades, but mostly people are impressed at the lack of actual information. Nobody even claiming they have the real scoop.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Not relevant to Nebraska recruiting but Justin Fields is said to be looking at transferring to OSU.

I don't understand that at all. Dwayne Haskins is a Sophomore.

Well he has to sit out a year since he's not a grad transfer, and I think the general consensus is Haskins is gone after his junior year at the latest. Then Fields would have to beat out Martell who was almost as highly rated.

2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I'm actually cautiously optimistic about our current group of safeties, but you'd always love a kid this talented. 

Agree here. I'm actually not sure why Safety comes up so often as a position of need.

I think Domann and Williams will be a good pair.  Then you have Dismuke who has been on the field and RS Frosh in CJ Smith and Cam'ron Jones and Myles Farmer (and possibly NPG) on the way. 

I don't think it's a position of need but I (probably) wouldn't turn away talent.

16 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I'm actually cautiously optimistic about our current group of safeties, but you'd always love a kid this talented. Although no one seems to know exactly what the issue is - I was looking around on some Georgia boards, he was away from the team a year ago with medical issues but Smart said it's different this time. A lot of random speculation mostly involving weed or grades, but mostly people are impressed at the lack of actual information. Nobody even claiming they have the real scoop.

Well he has to sit out a year since he's not a grad transfer, and I think the general consensus is Haskins is gone after his junior year at the latest. Then Fields would have to beat out Martell who was almost as highly rated.

I wasnt impressed with Martell, he is a great athlete but not sold on him as a leader at all. 

18 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

He could be leaving for the NFL still. Then it'd be a Tate Martell vs. Just Fields battle. I think OSU's QB from the '19 class left too so the door could potentially be open

16 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Forgot about the 1 year thing.

Every time I remember Martell I laugh because during his recruitment he said Ohio State had the best recruiting class in the history of the universe (paraphrasing).

Hmm, now that I look though, maybe he's right. I looked back 6 years and OSU in 2017 has the best rating of any other class.