Donte Williams goes to Oregon; Cav to Syracuse

knapplc

53 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm sure Banker isn't feeling sorry for himself after the past few years.  Riley was being pressured to fire him at Oregon State, and Banker gets thrown a well-paid lifeline to follow Riley to Lincoln.  Yeah, he was fired, but he made $1M in total salary, and now he lands in Hawaii to coach for another few years before retiring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to Donte Williams goes to Oregon; Cav to Syracuse

It's always been fascinating (or depressing) to see what becomes of coaches after they leave Nebraska.  I'll have to do a deeper dive but am curious to find out what percentage of coaches get another FBS job after Nebraska.  I don't have any data yet and am probably succumbing to recency bias but Nebraska seems to be the pinnacle for coaches more often than not. 

15 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Absolutely not.  I do not want a irresponsible, not accountable person on this staff again.  You saw exactly what type of team that produced.  Good riddance

Irresponsible???  Not Accountable???  Not sure where that comes from but our secondary did struggle.  Those are strong words to attack a man's character who did his best with what he had and recruited his tail off for us while he was here.  Good luck Donte.  I am sure he will find some ballers to join him in Eugene, and we will be just fine.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Irresponsible???  Not Accountable???  Not sure where that comes from but our secondary did struggle.  Those are strong words to attack a man's character who did his best with what he had and recruited his tail off for us while he was here.  Good luck Donte.  I am sure he will find some ballers to join him in Eugene, and we will be just fine.

He was not accountable for coaching a absolutely horrible corner who should have been benched in game 3.  Playing a true freshman at safety, when your returning interception leader is on the bench.  Here come the "He hated Bob, and exata why his position group was awful".  I don't buy it

• Plus1 2

I wouldn't hang your hat on "interception leader" there are several factors that go into an interception and only about 2 of them have to do with a good play by the defender.  Lot's of plays to make in a game and over the course of a season to think that a few catches by the defender are what matters.

2 hours ago, KingBlank said:

He was not accountable for coaching a absolutely horrible corner who should have been benched in game 3.  Playing a true freshman at safety, when your returning interception leader is on the bench.  Here come the "He hated Bob, and exata why his position group was awful".  I don't buy it

First, he only coached corners, not safeties. Second, he didn't have many corners to work with that he could use to replace him.

• Plus1 1