DT Otito Ogbonnia [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

61 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Ogbonnia Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

His hometown paper listed him as 6' 2" and 250 lbs last Sept. 22nd.

He could still be growing, but that would be quite a spurt in 4 months. :)

Source: http://katytimes.com/sports/article_af882a8a-9f58-11e7-8ba1-ff33f316308f.html

Interestingly, Otito's 68'-6" shot put throw (1st at this meet) is better than Ndamukong Suh's Portland high school record throw of 61'-4". Source.

Edited by cheekygeek
1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

His hometown paper listed him as 6' 2" and 250 lbs last Sept. 22nd.

He could still be growing, but that would be quite a spurt in 4 months. :)

Source: http://katytimes.com/sports/article_af882a8a-9f58-11e7-8ba1-ff33f316308f.html

Interestingly, Otito's 68'-6" shot put throw (1st at this meet) is better than Ndamukong Suh's Portland high school record throw of 61'-4". Source.

I don't care how big he is. That level of athleticism is something very few people have. Even among D1 athletes. He would test off the charts and likely immediately contribute.

9 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Which makes Jurgens throw of 63’ 3” as a sophomore all the more impressive to people, right?

Yes! I have not seen any better indicator of short area burst than the shot. Kind of like lineman that are stud wrestlers or WR that are 200m studs any DE or LB the throws 60+ is just someone you have to get for pure athleticism. Otito and Cam absolutely check that box for me.

It was a shame Cam's technique hasn't improved all that much since then. With his leg injury I doubt we will really get to see if this season would have been much better.

13 hours ago, zeWilbur said:

I don't care how big he is. That level of athleticism is something very few people have. Even among D1 athletes. He would test off the charts and likely immediately contribute.

Not doubting his athleticism, but I highly doubt he plays as a True Frosh. 

19 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

Not doubting his athleticism, but I highly doubt he plays as a True Frosh. 

With our current depth you are probably right. Would not surprise me in the least if his name would come up often in the "who has impressed you on the scout team" conversations if he did redshirt. Really hope he comes here.

3 hours ago, Wordek said:

Did you guys just convince me shot put distance should be a new recruiting metric?

Technique can play a huge part but ultimately it's two yards to do something as violently as possible. Sound familiar? There really isn't a weight room number that involves maximum effort while traveling. The shot put does that nicely. That's why I am a fan.

• Mavric changed the title to DT Otito Ogbonnia [UCLA - Signed LOI]