National Championship Game

10 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

They are one of the 4 best teams, but I do not believe a team that cannot win their own division deserves the opportunity to be a national champ if only 4 teams are allowed in. You make this playoff 8 teams and you give them an at large and they win. I have no problem with that because the teams that deserve to be in are in. All of them 

Every team you'd rather see make it had just as much of a chance as Bama when the season started. OSU and USC did it to themselves. OSU beats Iowa and we don't have this problem. USC beats Wazzu and this conversation becomes an alternate reality. 

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

If they make it out of the 8 team playoff why not? 

Comes down to if the NCAA wants what they and the committee consider the best 4 (or 8) teams, or the conference winners plus a couple at larges. Bama winning against Clemson only helps their case. 

why have a regular season if they just pick and choose who the best teams are rather than have them earn it on the field?   not going to watch it for 2 reasons....

1.   the teams that earned the chance to be there are not there

2.  i have 0 interest in the teams that are there

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Every team you'd rather see make it had just as much of a chance as Bama when the season started. OSU and USC did it to themselves. OSU beats Iowa and we don't have this problem. USC beats Wazzu and this conversation becomes an alternate reality. 

Just now, Waldo said:

Comes down to if the NCAA wants what they and the committee consider the best 4 (or 8) teams, or the conference winners plus a couple at larges. Bama winning against Clemson only helps their case. 

How does a format that includes 5 auto bids and 3 at large not make everyone happy? The 4 team format leaves too much to the imagination for me personally and the committee does not have my trust. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, commando said:

why have a regular season if they just pick and choose who the best teams are rather than have them earn it on the field?   not going to watch it for 2 reasons....

Name a team that fits number 1 that played in a P5. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

How does a format that includes 5 auto bids and 3 at large not make everyone happy? The 4 team format leaves too much to the imagination for me personally and the committee does not have my trust. 

I agree, but just arguing for the current system. Adding another game means 2 teams could play potentially 16 games. Cut it to an 11 game season, get rid of playing the Blue Mountain States each year and I am sold. 

Edited by Waldo
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

Im fine with a 8 team playoff under that system. I was talking about this year under the current system.

4 minutes ago, commando said:

Why have a regular season if youre just going to give the 4 spots to the winners of the CC games. Imo the decisions they have made have given more value to the regular season. The lesson is dont lose twice. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Why have a regular season if youre just going to give the 4 spots to the winners of the CC games. Imo the decisions they have made have given more value to the regular season. The lesson is dont lose twice. 

and don't bother playing an undefeated season if you are not P5

Just now, commando said:

i would put UCF there P5 or not.   

Hindsight, yes. They won the Peach Bowl and beat a quality opponent. But maybe an opponent who had less to play for and not as motivated. You need to tell Utah to hang a 2009 National Champion banner. Bama steamrolled Clemson. That hurts your argument. 

2 minutes ago, commando said:

and don't bother playing an undefeated season if you are not P5

I've said over and over in this thread UCF deserved that spot but the fact of the matter is they weren't getting it no matter what. ND would have gotten in before UCF. Only way UCF makes it is in an 8 team system or back to back undefeated seasons