National Championship Game

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

If you look back at my posts, I have been arguing for an 8 team play off all along.

And...still....Alabama should never be in the playoffs if they can't even win their own division.

You replyed to my comment when i was talking to someone else about enforcing a CC qualifier on a 4 team system and never mentioned 8 teams.

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Thank God the sports world is more and more not viewing this like you are.  Your arguments on the subject are worn out from the last 15 years.

You claim the idea of expanding the playoffs to 8 teams while using the power 5 CCG champs and 3 wild card teams limits it to just 5 teams.  That makes no sense.  Even IF it were only a 5 team play off with the 5 CCG champs, it wouldn't be limiting it to 5 teams, it would be limiting it to 10 teams.

I'm tired of this argument, so....pardon me if I'm done with it. Have a nice day.  Glad the rest of the sports world doesn't agree with you.

This is the first post in this whole thread you mention 8 teams.

16 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Bosa or no Bosa, they should not be losing to Iowa.  Nebraska should not be losing to Iowa.  Every team in the play off scheduled a team in non-con who was tough when they scheduled them.  So I blame Ohio State for not beating Oklahoma then.  Alabama scheduled FSU, Georgia had Notre Dame, Oklahoma had OSU and Clemson had Auburn.  All those teams lost conference games they shouldn't of, but took care of business in the non-con.  OSU needed to do one or the other.

Like I said, if OSU scheduled an FCS school, they would have been in the playoffs. That is the problem with this system. No schedule is a like and it is really hard to compare them. Iowa has knocked off highly ranked undefeated Penn State and Michigan teams in the past. Road conference games are tough and upsets happen. 

One example about how cheesy the SEC is, I remember late in November when everyone else in the country was playing conference games. The SEC teams took a week off and played one of their non-conference games against D2 schools or some pathetic matchup, almost like a bye 

i think clemson did the same thing the same weekend 

Edited by Huskers93-97
27 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

This is the first post in this whole thread you mention 8 teams.

I'm confusing this thread with another one.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/85686-accepting-apologies-from-people-who-said-ucf-doesnt-deserve-to-be-in-the-playoff/&page=3&tab=comments#comment-1964525

Still, Alabama shouldn't be in the playoffs if they didn't even win their division.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

One example about how cheesy the SEC is, I remember late in November when everyone else in the country was playing conference games. The SEC teams took a week off and played one of their non-conference games against D2 schools or some pathetic matchup, almost like a bye 

i think clemson did the same thing the same weekend 

I agree but man is it a smart move.   Play a meaningless game that you know you will win...get some rest...smart move.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Lots of threads on the topic at the moment lol i do agree though 8 teams with the 5 CC, 1 G5 (if certain criteria are met, a 3 loss G5 team likely wouldn't cut it) and 2 wildcard spots. It should have been done this way from the beginning. Just turn the Rose, Sugar, Orange and Fiesta bowls into quarterfinal games. Take 1 noncon game off the schedule and there you have it.

23 minutes ago, jaws said:

Like I said, if OSU scheduled an FCS school, they would have been in the playoffs. That is the problem with this system. No schedule is a like and it is really hard to compare them. Iowa has knocked off highly ranked undefeated Penn State and Michigan teams in the past. Road conference games are tough and upsets happen. 

Missed my point, but that is fine.  All of the teams beat what should have been a quality non-con opponent.  OSU didn't, thats why they are not in, plus they got kicked by an Iowa team they should have beat by 28.  Heck OSU's O looked like garbage against USC.  As soon as tOSU stops under performing, they will be in the playoffs.  They should have been 11-1.  IOWA sucks.

50 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Missed my point, but that is fine.  All of the teams beat what should have been a quality non-con opponent.  OSU didn't, thats why they are not in, plus they got kicked by an Iowa team they should have beat by 28.  Heck OSU's O looked like garbage against USC.  As soon as tOSU stops under performing, they will be in the playoffs.  They should have been 11-1.  IOWA sucks.

I didn't miss your point. Iowa was a mid tier Big10 team and OSU shouldn't have lost to them even if it was in Iowa City. I get that. Iowa doesn't suck, Illinois sucks, they just aren't a top Big 10 team. Lets stop saying teams suck unless they really do suck. An 8 win team doesn't suck but they aren't that great either. 

As it has been stated and regurgitated numerous times, an 8 team playoff needs to be implemented, with the P5 champions and the highest ranked G5 team, along with two at large bids. Adding 1 more game to the current process will not or should not cause that much chaos. 

Make a few modifications to the rules, such as teams from the same conference, must play each other out, before advancement to next round. I suppose, there could be three teams from the same conference at time, and if that happens, the same rule could apply. IMO

Edited by TAKODA
Fat finger typing
44 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

As it has been stated and regurgitated numerous times, an 8 team playoff needs to be implemented, with the P5 champions and the highest ranked G5 team, along with two at large bids. Adding 1 more game to the current process will not or should not cause that much chaos. 

Make a few modifications to the rules, such as teams from the same conference, must play each other out, before advancement to next round. I suppose, there could be three teams from the same conference at time, and if that happens, the same rule could apply. IMO

I like ur thoughts on same conference teams play first. No one wants to watch a natty with 2 teams of the same conference. BORING