National Championship Game

13 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

I wonder.  Throwing out all of the legit discussion of an 8 team playoff, would our (those of us on this message board) input be as lively on the topic if it had been Memphis, or Toledo that had the undefeated record as opposed to UCF? 

if they have beat the team that beat both teams in the championship game...heck ya.   

7 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

FCS has had a playoff for decades, and managed to get the two best teams in the title game this year. There's too much money wrapped up in bowl games and the CFB playoff to ever reset it to something that is both fair AND makes sense. 

Yes, but the two best teams last year played in the semi-final, NDSU-JMU.  But I get the point.

Just now, Crusader Husker said:

Yes, but the two best teams last year played in the semi-final, NDSU-JMU.  But I get the point.

This is true; the title game would have at least had 2 vs. 4 last year had a certain someone not used all the luck in the world to break up the party. 

19 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Just remember, this committee will screw up a play off of 8 as well.  The end of the day, not playing the SEC championship game helped Alabama.  They got a lot of players healthy.  Let go back to the pre-BCS era!  <ducks for cover> :)

There's not much to screw up if they go 5 P5 champions plus 3 at large, with the caveat that an unbeaten G5 team automatically gets the 8 seed (if they aren't ranked higher). 

• Plus1 2