Peyton Newell Transferring to Kansas State?

Mavric

Good luck to Peyton.  He was someone who was highly regarded coming out of HS, and Bo won a recruiting battle with some big schools for him.  Not sure what happened here, but he just  never seemed to click.

And I am guessing we may here about a couple more guys leaving the program once school starts back up next week.

Edited by Red Five
  • Plus1 3

Well, good luck to him.

Is it just my perception or have we had more than our share of supposedly high ranked (high for us anyway) recruits that just really haven't contributed much by the time they leave? Newell, Gates, DPE come immediately to mind. I've never followed recruiting very closely and this is a big reason why but it just seems like we haven't had much luck with our higher ranked recruits. I would tend to blame the lack of player development under our last 2 coaches or is it just a string of bad luck on something that amounts to little more than hit or miss?

1 minute ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Well, good luck to him.

Is it just my perception or have we had more than our share of supposedly high ranked (high for us anyway) recruits that just really haven't contributed much by the time they leave? Newell, Gates, DPE come immediately to mind. I've never followed recruiting very closely and this is a big reason why but it just seems like we haven't had much luck with our higher ranked recruits. I would tend to blame the lack of player development under our last 2 coaches or is it just a string of bad luck on something that amounts to little more than hit or miss?

I think DPE would have been a big contributor but injuries early on really derailed his career

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Well, good luck to him.

I get what you are saying, but you can't group these together.  DPE and Gates were 3 year starters.  Newell was lucky to see the field for 3 plays/game.

Edited by Red Five
  • Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

Good luck to the kid! Never really found his groove here. Will be interesting to see what Old Balls Snyder can do with him. In all honesty I'm afraid our last coaching staffs inability to develop players is going to become more and more apparent

I’ve been thinking the same thing. I expect more stories to emerge about the best players not playing, player development efforts being poor, and generally hapless and clueless coaching decisions.

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I’ve been thinking the same thing. I expect more stories to emerge about the best players not playing, player development efforts being poor, and generally hapless and clueless coaching decisions.

but why transfer now that the old staff is gone?  

15 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

but why transfer now that the old staff is gone?  

In Newell’s case it is probably more about NU bringing another 3-4 scheme DC and looking for a 4-3 scheme team that he would have a better chance at fitting in and getting playing time.

• Plus1 1