Peyton Newell Transferring to Kansas State?

Mavric

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I would imagine he would finish his degree, no idea when.

He can finish it this semester, the draft isn’t until April. Lots of seniors already stay in school to get their degree and then show up for camp. Most NFL teams start their offseason programs in mid-April and roookie minicamp is early to mid May. Rookie Transition starts late June, which is the first mandatory event for Rookies.

1 minute ago, caveman99 said:

He can finish it this semester, the draft isn’t until April. Lots of seniors already stay in school to get their degree and then show up for camp. Most NFL teams start their offseason programs in mid-April and roookie minicamp is early to mid May. Rookie Transition starts late June, which is the first mandatory event for Rookies.

I agree that it can probably get done this semester, and he may be able to get it done with a couple of online courses. 

However, I doubt Lee is anywhere near Lincoln, NE right now.  He is probably working around the clock with trainers, QB coaches, and other guys to help him improve his draft stock.  He's not sticking around Lincoln to do that.

16 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree that it can probably get done this semester, and he may be able to get it done with a couple of online courses. 

However, I doubt Lee is anywhere near Lincoln, NE right now.  He is probably working around the clock with trainers, QB coaches, and other guys to help him improve his draft stock.  He's not sticking around Lincoln to do that.

Pretty sure your right. Maybe he finishes his courses next off-season. Or maybe never.

On 1/5/2018 at 11:29 AM, Comfortably Numb said:

Well, good luck to him.

Is it just my perception or have we had more than our share of supposedly high ranked (high for us anyway) recruits that just really haven't contributed much by the time they leave? Newell, Gates, DPE come immediately to mind. I've never followed recruiting very closely and this is a big reason why but it just seems like we haven't had much luck with our higher ranked recruits. I would tend to blame the lack of player development under our last 2 coaches or is it just a string of bad luck on something that amounts to little more than hit or miss?

I think your perception is reality in regards to player development...I suppose there is objective proof in this premise..senior linemen on the pine and underclassmen on the field..something is always amiss when vast amount of seniors sitting on bench..that’s a indication of many problems..

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Newell was getting some reps with the top group today (Stoltenberg was out).

Word is he may have just been in Manhattan to "visit a friend" and the speculation got blown out of proportion.  Not that that would ever happen.

Not saying he won't see PT, but I wouldn't worry about 'top groups' at this point. Way too early and I don't see him being ahead of DT or Daniels 

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Newell was getting some reps with the top group today (Stoltenberg was out).

Word is he may have just been in Manhattan to "visit a friend" and the speculation got blown out of proportion.  Not that that would ever happen.

Golly, maybe the media could get more access to practice and straighten this all out so no one overreacts!

/sarcasm

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Not saying he won't see PT, but I wouldn't worry about 'top groups' at this point. Way too early and I don't see him being ahead of DT or Daniels 

I don't either.  I would guess he just got a bump today because Stoletenberg was out.  

But at least if he's getting his chance it might not be a foregone conclusion that he leaves.  Still wouldn't surprise me though.