2018 NFL Draft

Mavric

I would be weary of drafting Josh Allen #1 overall before I read this.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/5/17046116/2018-nfl-draft-quarterbacks-josh-allen-sam-darnold-projections-hype

But your ceiling is your ceiling, and even if this doesn’t say much about guys with obscene college stats, it says a ton about the Lockers and/or Blaine Gabberts of the world, the guys with mediocre stats and standout physical traits, the guys about whom scouts will say “Yeah, his stats aren’t that good, but I can fix him. Just look at that arm!”

Players like Mayfield, Rudolph, Woodside, Ferguson, and Allen likely benefited more from a level of explosiveness that won’t carry over to the pros. Mayfield nailed the efficiency element of the routine as well, however. Allen, on the other hand...

Since a common retort from Allen advocates has been that his supporting cast was terrible in 2017, and that this should negate his mostly awful stats from last fall, I included a projection based on his 2016-only stats as well.

Using 2016 upgrades him from DeShone Kizer to Tim Tebow.

Edited by deedsker
  • Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

24 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

I saw something that I don't believe, but it is interesting. In this case, the browns take Chubb at 1, giants take Barkley at 2, jets take Darnold at 3, and the browns get the QB they want in Allen at 4. While I don't see this happening, it is interesting to look at different scenarios.

I wouldn't blame them for going after, Chubb. I think they are more likely to pick Barkley at #1 though.

I love the NFL draft. Watching the fans fall apart when their team picks someone different than what they wanted. Oh no, we still suck. :D