Venison Sirloin

Ok...my son and I tried this tonight and it was awesome. 

Season sirloin heavily with kosher salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, rosemary and basil. 

Sear at on top of stove then cook in over till 125-130.  Make it as rare as you can like. 

I served it with a Creme fraiche horse radish sauce. But, my son loved it without. 

Dang it it was good with a nice Merlot. 

I think I got the picture figured out.

5a5381996aa40_venisonsirloin.jpg.25322a5eb92ec24f0a75b03b57b1d110.jpg

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 3

FYI, creme fraiche is easy to make. Takes about 24 hours, and you do need a live culture like buttermilk culture or milk kefir. I use it in place of sour cream when I want something lighter. And anything you want to make creamy, really. I've enjoyed it mixed with horseradish, yellow mustard, mayo (add seasoning to make a crazy-good dip), or soup. (I've recently discovered creme fraiche and really like it, in case you couldn't guess.)

Edited by RedDenver

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

On top of the cheese or directly on the dough or what?

I place it directly on top of the cheese, little clumps of it, about 6-10 clumps.  

I do think that if you making a homemade pizza that I would put it into the sauce, mix it up and put that on my dough followed by the cheese and toppings.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, teachercd said:

I place it directly on top of the cheese, little clumps of it, about 6-10 clumps.  

I do think that if you making a homemade pizza that I would put it into the sauce, mix it up and put that on my dough followed by the cheese and toppings.  

Thanks, I'll give it a try. My family members all like different stuff on their pizzas, so we make them at home a fair amount.

• 2 weeks later...