NFL Playoffs

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What the heck does "SKOL Vikings" mean?

2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Skol or "skal" comes from the Dutch/Swedes/Norwegians and basically means cup of beer and used as a "cheers".

I might have passed away during the game last night.

To piggy-back off what MH said, it's also believed to be derived from the tradition Scandinavians (Vikings) had of drinking from the decapitated skulls (skolls) of their latest opponent. 

Got a question.

At the end of this play, the WR takes his helmet off and throws it.  The ref throws a flag.

What the hell does the ref think he's throwing the flag for?  The game is over.  Is this guy going to be punished in the next game?  Is there a league rule against this type of celebration...after the game is over?

41 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

To piggy-back off what MH said, it's also believed to be derived from the tradition Scandinavians (Vikings) had of drinking from the decapitated skulls (skolls) of their latest opponent. 

Now, that's interesting.

Edited by BigRedBuster
45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Got a question.

At the end of this play, the WR takes his helmet off and throws it.  The ref throws a flag.

What the hell does the ref think he's throwing the flag for?  The game is over.  Is this guy going to be punished in the next game?  Is there a league rule against this type of celebration...after the game is over?

Now, that's interesting.

I never saw the kick, but I believe it would have been on the extra point that the vikings chose to just kneel for.

Glad Diggs didnt drill someone with the helmet... but ya, that penalty doesnt carryover or anything.

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I never saw the kick, but I believe it would have been on the extra point that the vikings chose to just kneel for.

Glad Diggs didnt drill someone with the helmet... but ya, that penalty doesnt carryover or anything.

There was a play for an extra point after this?  The report I saw said time ran out during this play.

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

They still have o play it out. It happened like 10 minutes after the game had ended and the saints just ran out a bunch of random dudes and the vikings took a knee.

Must be an NFL rule.  I'm almost positive that I've watched college and HS games where it was won on the last play with time running out and they didn't make them line up for the extra point.

I'm 90% sure this injury is 100% faked. Because this is the kind of stuff the Patriots do.

I was gonna say something about how stupid his hat looks. I read a response to one of those tweets from a Husker fan:

"More importantly, what species of small mammal is he housing in his beanie?"

Edited by Moiraine