Nebrasketball Game #18- Wisconsin (Tuesday, January 9- 7:30- BTN)

What will be the game result?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the game result?

• Nebraska win by single digits
    • Nebraska win by double digits
    • Wisconsin win by single digits
    • Wisconsin win by double digits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2018 at 02:59 AM

53 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

There's 14 regular season games left, and Nebraska could conceivably go 10-4 in those games. If they're sitting at 21-10 (12-6 in the conference) going to the conference tournament, they've got a really good chance at making the Dance regardless of if they're 5th or 6th in the conference. 

12-6 will get them in for sure.

10-4 the rest of the way would be really good.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Beating Wisconsin twice will be hard...but doable this year.

Iowa is imploding.

Illinois will probably split with NU if they play them home-home.

Iowa always seems to bite Nebraska, but I think Wisky is there for the taking this year, as long as Miles can keep Wisky's secondary options after Happ in control. 

Illinois is a home-home, so you could be right there. 

5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Iowa always seems to bite Nebraska, but I think Wisky is there for the taking this year, as long as Miles can keep Wisky's secondary options after Happ in control. 

Illinois is a home-home, so you could be right there. 

Illinois just pressures the ball so much right now that there is a chance it is one of those 25 turnover games.  Even though the Illini stink right now.

3 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

There's 14 regular season games left, and Nebraska could conceivably go 10-4 in those games. If they're sitting at 21-10 (12-6 in the conference) going to the conference tournament, they've got a really good chance at making the Dance regardless of if they're 5th or 6th in the conference. 

That is some serious kool aid sir

Lets look at the remaining schedule

vs Wisconsin

@ Penn State

vs Illinois

vs Michigan

@ Ohio State

@ Rutgers

vs Iowa

@ Wisconsin

@ Minnesota

vs Rutgers

vs Maryland

@ Illinois

vs Indiana

vs Penn State

Ohio State and Michigan are very tough games. 

Minnesota is cooked. They have no depth and these guys quit 2 years ago when the going got tough.

Illinois is young and talented, but I think we can flex our muscle against them. 

Here are the losses I see:

vs Michigan

@ Ohio State

Wins:

vs Wisconsin

vs Illinois

@Rutgers

vs Iowa

@ Minnesota

vs Rutgers

vs Penn State

Toss ups

@ Penn State

@ Wisconsin

vs Maryland

@ Illinois

vs Indiana

I say 2-3 in the toss ups and add those 3 losses to the other 2 losses- 9-5/ 11-7 in league play.

11-7 puts us around 5-7 which will be tough with our non-con. I still think only 5 from the B1G get in.

• Plus1 2

Pretty close to what I have.  I have Michigan as more of a toss up than obvious loss.  I know they are usually a tough matchup for us, but we have players that match up better with them this year than we have in recent years.  I also hadn't adjusted for Minnesota losing Lynch.

Edited by ECisGod
2 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Pretty close to what I have.  I have Michigan as more of a toss up than obvious loss.  I know they are usually a tough matchup for us, but we have players that match up better with them this year than we have in recent years.

Fair and being at home can help. I was looking at the last time we went dancing and we had like 1 loss at home.

5 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Fair and being at home can help. I was looking at the last time we went dancing and we had like 1 loss at home.

They got a lay up late and we missed two good shots (and were probably fouled on at least one) so Michigan won by one.