3-5 yrs

I am I

3 hours ago, NUance said:

As long as we're talking about comparative talent and performance, you need to factor in schedule too.  Frost did a remarkable job raising UCF out of the gutter.  One of the best turnaround jobs in college football history.  But he didn't play nearly as tough of a schedule at UCF as we play in the Big Ten.  We played the 4th toughest schedule in college football this year.  LINK  UCF played the 81st toughest schedule.  That's a huge difference.  If UCF had played our schedule this year there's no way in hell they'd be 13-0.  But I'd bet dollars to donuts they'd do better than the pathetic 4-8 record we limped home with.  /imho

Am I implying that SF isn't a good coach because I pointed out the SOS?  No, I am not.  I think Scott Frost is a GREAT coach, and will do well at NU.  But it's tougher to recruit to Nebraska, and he'll need to recruit a higher level of talent than they had on the roster at UCF--with a couple of notable exceptions.  I personally don't expect as quick a turnaround as he had at UCF.  But I think Frost will right the ship and have us headed in the right direction at least.    

Completely agree with the exception of the bolded part.  We probably play in the weakest division of any p5 conference.  I expect a quick turnaround with regards to our division in the B1G.  If we're talking about being undefeated, then I agree that it won't be as quick a turnaround.  When one really looks at comparisons, we're about in the exact same place as we were when Bo was hired.  At that time, we played in one of the weakest divisions of any p5 conference as well.  Bo had us in the Big 12 Championship game by year two.  I expect Frost's first few years to look similar to Bo's first few years.   

On 1/10/2018 at 10:53 AM, MichiganDad3 said:

think part of Bo's demise was the frustration from fighting SE and Perlman. I also believe that SE fired Banker and hired Diaco. We flushed the rats, now it is time to win!

I agree with this . After hearing Bill Moos talk a few times,  I really think  someone like him , would have handled the Bo situation much differently/better ,  and the program wouldn’t have tanked the way it did . I’m glad they’re all gone now though ,and optimistic about the future for the first time in a long time . 

Edited by Big Red 40