All Pelini Team - QB  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your All Pelini Team QB?

• Joe Ganz
    • Zac Lee
    • Cody Green
    • Taylor Martinez

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/17/2018 at 03:08 AM

Just now, Making Chimichangas said:

If anything, an "All Tom Osborne" team would be a better topic, but I am sure that has also been done previously.  Far more players to choose from at every position.  But hey, it's all good.  And I have no new original topics to suggest either so...on with the show.

I've done an All-Callahan team as well in the past. 

10 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I voted for Cody Green!!!  Best QB ever!!!!!

(I know it's the off-season, but can we just let anything relating to two coaches ago, die?) 

If he hadn't started it, I would have.  It's a fun topic, and one that we can discuss while remaining positive about the team - something this board needs after decades of (often well earned) negativity.

Why not, after the bullets stop flying and the anger over YET ANOTHER four or more loss season ends, reminisce a little and speak kindly about former players. 

Martinez, especially, got so much grief on this board. Again, yes a lot of it was earned, but he was a special player and we were lucky to have him here.  I don't see anything wrong with going back and essentially patting these players on the back. 

• Plus1 2

17 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Or....if the coaches would have just left Burkead in for one or two more plays at the end of the OU CCG so that Henery could kick the game winning field goal instead of bringing in a clearly severely injured TMart only to get sacked twice taking us out of FG range.....TMart would have had a conference championship and would be

viewed much differently.

One of the dumbest decisions in Nebraska OC history.

Never thought of that - so true.  It is kind of like this year - OU at the end of the game wt Georgia - they take the ball out of the hands of their all everything QB and do running plays.  Sometimes coaches try to get 'too smart'.  Just ride the horse that got you there and 9 our of 10x you will be OK. 

If we talk about an all "Post Solich" team  - I would rank it this way 

1. A healthy TM - I think his injuries also affected his passing which seem to get worse in later years (maybe I'm putting too much on that OK State game - stats may prove differently).  I think a healthy TM would have surpassed Crouch in reputation and we know Crouch probably had better players around him.  Can you imagine TM in Osborne's offense??  If he got the option down, it would have been deadly.  Him and Burkhead doing the option - wow - think of the possibilities.

2. Zac Taylor -  He is still one of my favorite QBs of all time - he was tough, a true coach on the field and he made up for BC's inadequacies as a HC.  Without Zac I think we have 4 losing seasons under BC.

3. Ganz - Very much like Zac, tough, what he lacked in talent (not saying he was without talent  but I think Zac was overall a better qb and had more talent or QB IQ), he made up with determination, desire and leadership.  He should have been a 2 year starter and if BC had half a defense in 2007, wt Ganz as full time QB, BC may have been around longer - good or bad. 

4. Armstrong - too bad he didn't have more help and often times plays weren't called using his strengths.  The 'QB whisperer' didn't seem to help him much.  I think Armstrong would have been great in Osborne's offense --Great runner and adequate enough passer (even if each pass was an adventure)

5. All others 

Edited by TGHusker
  • Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

Where’s Tommy Armstrong?

21 starts

• Passing: 252/476 (53%), 3661 yards, 31 TDs, 20 Ints

• Rushing: 212 attempts, 907 yards (4.2 yards/carry), 8 TDs

In the original post, I stated that the tiebreaker for players that played for two coaches would be the amount of games started under each; Tommy started 21 under Pelini and 23 under Riley, qualifying him for the All Riley Team. 

• Plus1 1