Jalen Hurts to Nebraska?

reporter cut up his quote to make it sound worse. Full quote 

"It was a decision I don't know I would have been courageous enough to make. That's the answer you want to hear. The other answer is that he was pretty obviously better and they had 12 games to figure that out and didn't. Coach Saban is above criticism with everything he's accomplished, so I don't mean it that way, but I recruited Tua out of high school and knew what he could do and it doesn't surprise me that he did what he did. Jalen's a great player, too. That was a very bold and courageous move and I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier [in the season

• Plus1 1

So would Hurts fit Frost's system?  Or would it be better for Scott to save the scholarship for a great defensive player - which we sorely need?  A difference maker at rush end or LB. 

Wt the returning QBs, the transfer from UCF and the incoming freshman QB - we might not need another QB unless Hurts could make the same kind of immediate difference that Wilson did at Wisc a few years ago. 

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So would Hurts fit Frost's system?  Or would it be better for Scott to save the scholarship for a great defensive player - which we sorely need?  A difference maker at rush end or LB. 

Wt the returning QBs, the transfer from UCF and the incoming freshman QB - we might not need another QB unless Hurts could make the same kind of immediate difference that Wilson did at Wisc a few years ago. 

The only issue with that thought is that Wilson was a Graduate Transfer, so he was eligible right away for Wisconsin.  Hurts would be a traditional transfer, and wouldn't be eligible until 2019.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

The only issue with that thought is that Wilson was a Graduate Transfer, so he was eligible right away for Wisconsin.  Hurts would be a traditional transfer, and wouldn't be eligible until 2019.

Very true.  And in 2019 we will also have the UCF transfer competing for the job besides the others available this spring. 

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Very true.  And in 2019 we will also have the UCF transfer competing for the job besides the others available this spring. 

Exactly.  Martinez will be in the system for 1 1/2 years, Vedral will be eligible and have 2 1/2 years in the system, along with any Riley QB's that may stick around and any other QB recruits in the class of 2018 and 2019.  As mentioned above, I would expect Hurts to go to Texas.

16 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Strikes me as a T-Magic 2.0.  Incredible athlete and a dynamic runner, however he strikes me as a really mediocre passer.  I personally think he should go the Braxton Miller route and change positions as I don't think he's going to be able to hack it as a QB in the NFL.

He could make a good RB but not at Bama. They get too much RB talent.

Edited by Nebfanatic