Jordy Leaving

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I have always had a soft spot for Jordy since he was super nice to my daughter last year.

But it totally sucks to quit on your team halfway through the season when that team has a decent shot to make the tourney.

You have to do what's right for yourself, just like coaches do, clearly just another example of Miles not being able to a cohesive team together. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

You have to do what's right for yourself, just like coaches do, clearly just another example of Miles not being able to a cohesive team together. 

I get what you are trying to say here but I don't think it applies to this situation. Jordy has been a starter this entire year and has played and would continue to play a key role in the success of this team. This team looks to be better/more cohesive than any team in the past few years. 

7 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Seems like you have some built up anger for Miles and I get it, but also think Jordy doesnt get a free pass. 

He is unhappy with his progression? Maybe he should point the thumb and not the finger. Get in the gym and work your butt off and quit relying on others or blaming others for your lack of success.

Miles started him all 18 games... not like he wasnt given the chance to see time on the court.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Well whatever he decides to do a bit of advice. Get in the weight room and start lifting, young man.

I’ve been saying this all year. Have Duby take him under his wing as he obviously knows what he is doing. Add some strength and agility and he could be a serviceable player. 

20 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

If you've watched any games, it seems like this year's team is very cohesive, except for Jordy.  I am not a huge Miles fan, but this isn't on him, this is on Jordy.

45 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Are you serious? This is just ANOTHER of the many examples of this type of thing happening on a Miles team.  This shouldn't even be a surprise.  I'll let the door hit you, he has every right to leave a coach that can't develop anyone. 

Lack of player development shouldn’t rest solely on the coach alone, the player has to make the commitment to develop and put the work in to make themselves better. 

This is really sucks after he had his best game against Wisconsin.

19 minutes ago, pearljammer said:

Lack of player development shouldn’t rest solely on the coach alone, the player has to make the commitment to develop and put the work in to make themselves better. 

This is really sucks after he had his best game against Wisconsin.

Player development has been a problem under Miles. It's not really up for debate at this point.

The loss of Jordy hurts because it leaves us short on big men going forward. That's about the only reason, to be honest. He has been horrendous this year, for whatever reason. If Okeke/Brochardt step up, and stay out of foul trouble they'll be fine.