Jordy Leaving

42 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If you've watched any games, it seems like this year's team is very cohesive, except for Jordy.  I am not a huge Miles fan, but this isn't on him, this is on Jordy.

This is not correct, that's same excuse people tried to give when Pettaway left, who might have been the best player miles will ever have.  Pettaway was detrimental, he doesn't care about his team, blah blah, all while being the best player on the floor.  Trying his best to keep the team alive. 

Edited by KingBlank
  • Plus1 1

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Player development has been a problem under Miles. It's not really up for debate at this point.

The loss of Jordy hurts because it leaves us short on big men going forward. That's about the only reason, to be honest. He has been horrendous this year, for whatever reason. If Okeke/Brochardt step up, and stay out of foul trouble they'll be fine.

They are going to be fine losing a starter that is 7 ft tall? I think it's going to be a huge deal, he was worth 5 fouls in the paint which is huge.  You going to put those guys down there and have to risk Copeland and Roby on the block? Nothing about this says we will be fine.  I'm done with the Miles defending, he can't coach, he can't improve players, he can't keep teams together.  I understand attrition stats, and Miles is way above the average.  

43 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

This is not correct, that's same excuse people tried to give when Pettaway left, who might have been the best player miles will ever have.  Pettaway was detrimental, he doesn't care about his team, blah blah, all while being the best player on the floor.  Trying his best to keep the team alive. 

For the record Shields has been Miles best player.

• Plus1 3
39 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

They are going to be fine losing a starter that is 7 ft tall?

This one in particular? Yes.

He's a liability on the glass. A liability on defense. And he's often detrimental to the flow on offense. He literally brings nothing that you'd expect from your 7 foot Center.

Quiting on his team aside, he seems like a good kid, and I wish him well.

1 hour ago, KingBlank said:

Uh. Not even trying to argue, but Petteway was exactly that, detrimental and only cared about himself when things weren’t rosy.

1 hour ago, KingBlank said:

I don’t remember the excuses for Miles when Petteway turned pro, but I don’t see how this is a similar situation.  That 2015 season was a complete mess and the entire team and coaches were disfunctional. This year, all I hear about the team is how cohesive and together the players are.  Then when there is one player that isn’t on the same page with the players and the coach, it’s the coach’s fault? This Jordy situation is totally different. He’s not playing well, so he’s just looking to get out of here.  I don’t see how that is Miles’ fault. 

9 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Development?  I’m not a huge fan of Miles, but what is the dude supposed to do?  Jordy misses point blank shots over and over.  He’s slow to make a move to the basket. He doesn’t position himself for rebounds and can’t box out.

those are all teachable skills. so i guess a dude would do what a coach should do, teach and coach until they are done correctly.