Jordy Leaving

14 hours ago, KingBlank said:

This is not correct, that's same excuse people tried to give when Pettaway left, who might have been the best player miles will ever have.  Pettaway was detrimental, he doesn't care about his team, blah blah, all while being the best player on the floor.  Trying his best to keep the team alive. 

Pettaway didn't leave in the middle of the season when the team was making a run for the tourney.

First, Jordy is not 7 feet tall. 6'9 is how tall he is. I've met him and you can tell my looking at teams photos he's no taller than Jacobson was.

I like Miles, but how do you lose 4 players within a year? Morrow, Jacobson, Horne and now Jordy. Not even counting Fuller since I feel he was just looking for PT and wasn't good enough for a B10 program. 

5 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

First, Jordy is not 7 feet tall. 6'9 is how tall he is. I've met him and you can tell my looking at teams photos he's no taller than Jacobson was.

I like Miles, but how do you lose 4 players within a year? Morrow, Jacobson, Horne and now Jordy. Not even counting Fuller since I feel he was just looking for PT and wasn't good enough for a B10 program. 

Sidebar: Fuller is doing a really nice job at USD, but I don't believe he has been in the starting lineup yet.

23 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I’m all for guys transferring if they don’t like their situation (Morrow, Jacobson, etc.), but don’t bail on your team mid-season.  Do it after the season. 

It's more advantageous for Jordy to transfer now because it moves up the timetable in which he'd be able to play next year. 

18 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

That's the Ballad of Tim Miles. 

Edited by Cdog923
34 minutes ago, desertshox said:

those are all teachable skills. so i guess a dude would do what a coach should do, teach and coach until they are done correctly.

That’s a great theory and all, but it falls along the same lines as Callahan didn’t coach Joe Dailey into being a better passer.

He was a project (risk) when they took him and it’s going no where.  If Jordy goes somewhere else, he will never be heard from again.

Edited by gobiggergoredder
  • Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

It's more advantageous for Jordy to transfer now because it moves up the timetable in which he'd be able to play next year. 

Actually it's not.  He has attended classes and played in a game in the 2nd semester.  He will not be eligible for the second semester wherever he goes (if he goes).  He would end up sitting a year and a half before being able to play.

44 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Part of it is the nature of CBB.  Not saying 4 isn’t excessive, but (I think when we discussed this last year) teams on average lose about 2 players/year on transfers.

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah....great.  What a team player.

See ya.

2 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Actually it's not.  He has attended classes and played in a game in the 2nd semester.  He will not be eligible for the second semester wherever he goes (if he goes).  He would end up sitting a year and a half before being able to play.

I stand corrected. Absolute stupid timing, then. 

5 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Well, I guess he will have time to get in the weight room and the gym to improve.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, I guess he will have time to get in the weight room and the gym to improve.

I guess there are a couple of benefits to leaving now, he could get to know and practice with his new team.  The NCAA could always give him a waiver (like they did for Copeland), but counting on the NCAA to do anything specific is like trying to herd cats.  Short of a waiver, he wouldn't be eligible until the 19/20 season, but would have 2 years of eligibility left.  Even if he stays, I think a redshirt year could do wonders for him.

16 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t remember the excuses for Miles when Petteway turned pro, but I don’t see how this is a similar situation.  That 2015 season was a complete mess and the entire team and coaches were disfunctional. This year, all I hear about the team is how cohesive and together the players are.  Then when there is one player that isn’t on the same page with the players and the coach, it’s the coach’s fault? This Jordy situation is totally different. He’s not playing well, so he’s just looking to get out of here.  I don’t see how that is Miles’ fault. 

Pretty sure that Jordy's mother doesn't have terminal cancer, so I don't believe it's anywhere close to being a similar situation. 

And IIRC, wasn't Petteway staying in school at the request of his mother, who passed on during his Junior season? I could image that would have a significant impact on a young man...both in a positive and negative sense.

Just saying that Petteway may have had bigger concerns than Miles' instructions and ability (or lack thereof, depending on viewpoint) to coach him up weighing on him then...which makes this a completely different set of circumstances than Jordy's.  

• Plus1 1

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/late-rally-falls-short-in-76-74-ot-loss-at-penn-st-

1. No update on Tshimanga's future with Nebraska

Before the game, Miles gave the latest on Tshimanga’s status with Nebraska.

Tshimanga did not travel with the Huskers to State College, Pa., and is rumored to be considering a mid-year transfer. He’s reportedly unhappy with his role this season and his development over the past season and a half.

In an interview with Kent Pavelka on the Husker Sports Network, Miles was asked about Tshimanga’s situation as things stand right now.

“He’s just trying to figure some things out on his own,” Miles said. “It’s an unfortunate situation. I don’t know how it’s going to play out, but at this time Jordy has my full support. He’s a great kid; his family are good people, so we’re dealing with everything you could imagine to be dealing with right now.

“We’ll hopefully have a resolution soon.”

Then Miles was asked if Tshimanga’s situation had been a distraction to Nebraska’s players as they try to get ready for an important Big Ten road game.

“I think guys are bummed out, disappointed, whatever, but they got to work,” Miles said. “It’s probably more of a distraction for Kenya (Hunter) and I and the assistants. But at the same time, I don’t think it’s much of a distraction for the players.”

• Plus1 1