Jordy Leaving

On 1/12/2018 at 9:07 AM, gobiggergoredder said:

That’s a great theory and all, but it falls along the same lines as Callahan didn’t coach Joe Dailey into being a better passer.

He was a project (risk) when they took him and it’s going no where.  If Jordy goes somewhere else, he will never be heard from again.

This in a nut shell. To those whining that Tim Miles let a budding all Big 10 player (Jordy) slip out the back door are as delusional as ever.  Of the 4 kids who left last year only one of those would be playing significant minutes this year.  Horne wasn't ever going to play defense.  Fuller wasn't a Big 10 player.  Jacobson had a few good games as a Husker and always hustled but he wasn't going to be good enough at the 4 to play here this year.  Morrow would have been a decent addition to this years team.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/tshimanga-not-practicing-future-at-nu-remains-unclear

As Nebraska took the court on Sunday for its second practice since an overtime loss at Penn State, sophomore center Jordy Tshimanga was again nowhere to be found.

Since approaching head coach Tim Miles on Thursday - the day NU was scheduled to leave for State College, Pa. - about his desire to transfer due to frustrations over his season and role on the team, Tshimanga has now missed one game and the past two practices.

Miles gave the latest update on Sunday on where Tshimanga - who had started the first 18 games this season - stood regarding his future with the Huskers.

“I expect to meet Jordy Tshimanga at some point today or tomorrow and just get more clarification as to where he’s at,” Miles said. “Really, that’s all I can tell you for now. When this all irons itself out, we’ll be able to kind of complete the picture for you.”

Before Nebraska took on Penn State, Miles said on his pre-game radio show that he didn’t think the situation with Tshimanga would be a major distraction for the rest of his team.

After the Huskers were able to erase a 16-point second-half deficit before eventually falling in overtime to the Nittany Lions, Miles said he still didn't think the issue was something that would overly impact the players once they stepped on the court.

“I don’t think so,” Miles said. “Why we came out slow against Penn State? I’m not positive if that had an effect or not. It could’ve, but I wouldn’t say largely that it had a huge impact. Once you’re in the game and you’re in the battle, you just kind of take it as it goes.

“But I haven’t seen a lot of distraction that way. Probably more for the coaches than anybody.”

That said, Miles admitted he was blindsided by the potential transfer request of a player he had stuck with and supported all season despite a significant regression in his performance.

“I was really stunned,” Miles said. “We’ll see, though. I have not had a face-to-face with him since, so I look forward to sitting down with him again and seeing what’s going on. I know he’s incredibly frustrated with just everything, and he’s feeling like he’s not playing well. We’ve just got to see where he’s at.

“I’m a guy that if he needs to go, then I’m going support him, because I don’t have any ill will for a guy like Jordy. He’s a sweetheart. He lights people’s eyes up. He and (Isaiah) Roby, and get so many emails about those two guys and how they are in the airport or meeting a young kid at a tailgating thing or whatever it might be.”

I could easily jump on the "hate on Jordy if he decides to stay" but lets remember he is a young kid who probably had dreams of being a big time player and maybe thats how they sold him on coming to Nebraska.

The team is playing great but he is option like 7-8.. family is in town and he remembers how much he misses them.. starts being told how great he could be with other coaches, it snowballs and because he is 19 he makes a rash decision and tells the coach he is leaving.

After the dust settles, Jordy hears from teammates and coaches and realizes how much he does like it here and that this is a dumb move.. takes a deep breath and realizes he might be making an uneducated decision.

Before we jump all over Jordy, remember that Tanner Borchardt left the team.. He was welcomed back and even earned a scholarship.... We all make rash decisions when frustrated but if Jordy does decide to stay, he does need to earn back what he has lost with his teammates.

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I could easily jump on the "hate on Jordy if he decides to stay" but lets remember he is a young kid who probably had dreams of being a big time player and maybe thats how they sold him on coming to Nebraska.

The team is playing great but he is option like 7-8.. family is in town and he remembers how much he misses them.. starts being told how great he could be with other coaches, it snowballs and because he is 19 he makes a rash decision and tells the coach he is leaving.

After the dust settles, Jordy hears from teammates and coaches and realizes how much he does like it here and that this is a dumb move.. takes a deep breath and realizes he might be making an uneducated decision.

Before we jump all over Jordy, remember that Tanner Borchardt left the team.. He was welcomed back and even earned a scholarship.... We all make rash decisions when frustrated but if Jordy does decide to stay, he does need to earn back what he has lost with his teammates.

He is not going to be a big time player. He'll be lucky to find time on some podunk Euro team.  I thought he was on the uptick when he made good strides at the end of last year. He learned to be less stiff and more fluid in his play, but he looks really, really stiff this year.

Just now, C N Red said:

He is not going to be a big time player. He'll be lucky to find time on some podunk Euro team.  I thought he was on the uptick when he made good strides at the end of last year. He learned to be less stiff and more fluid in his play, but he looks really, really stiff this year.

Read the whole post next time. I said he had dreams of being a big time player and he still probably does.

I dont blame him for wanting to find a way to achieve that.

28 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Read the whole post next time. I said he had dreams of being a big time player and he still probably does.

I dont blame him for wanting to find a way to achieve that.

I did read the whole post and said what I wanted to. I said he isn't going to be a great player. Not sure what your problem is.

Edited by C N Red
1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Before we jump all over Jordy, remember that Tanner Borchardt left the team.. He was welcomed back and even earned a scholarship....

Let's not get into claiming these are anywhere close to an equivalent situation.  Tanner came to college believing he didn't want to play sports anymore.  He decided to go to a tryout and actually was accepted on the team as a walk on.  After his first season of not getting any playing time, he decided he didn't want to play anymore and left. Again, he changed his mind and came back.  This didn't create any in season drama or affect the starting lineup of the team.

Now....Jordy on the other hand, comes in as a scholarship player, starts all 18 games and then decides he doesn't like it and leaves in the middle of the season, leaving his team without starter when trying to make it to the tournament.  

HUGE difference here.

If Jordy had done this in April, nobody would be talking about it much.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 1
1 hour ago, C N Red said:

I did read the whole post and said what I wanted to. I said he isn't going to be a great player. Not sure what your problem is.

Was confused why you were quoting my post unless you were claiming I thought he was a good player. 

51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Let's not get into claiming these are anywhere close to an equivalent situation.  Tanner came to college believing he didn't want to play sports anymore.  He decided to go to a tryout and actually was accepted on the team as a walk on.  After his first season of not getting any playing time, he decided he didn't want to play anymore and left. Again, he changed his mind and came back.  This didn't create any in season drama or affect the starting lineup of the team.

Now....Jordy on the other hand, comes in as a scholarship player, starts all 18 games and then decides he doesn't like it and leaves in the middle of the season, leaving his team without starter when trying to make it to the tournament.  

HUGE difference here.

If Jordy had done this in April, nobody would be talking about it much.

Both guys quit on their team. While I get it might be a bit of a stretch because of situations, it still happened.