Jordy Leaving

30 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Both guys quit on their team. While I get it might be a bit of a stretch because of situations, it still happened. 

Walk ons leave all the time, starters who play 20+ mins every game just deciding before the plane leaves that they need a mental break is a huge distraction, I don’t have a problem w miles letting him back on the team if the team supports that decision, I would however boo Jordy like no other if I was in attendance for the game he comes back. 

17 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Walk ons leave all the time, starters who play 20+ mins every game just deciding before the plane leaves that they need a mental break is a huge distraction, I don’t have a problem w miles letting him back on the team if the team supports that decision, I would however boo Jordy like no other if I was in attendance for the game he comes back. 

I think Miles has been over the top supportive to Jordy and while I do think Jordy made a stupid error, I think he does deserve to learn a lesson from it. 

Not by a fan booing him but by Miles letting him sit on the bench for a bit. Jordy might have made a mistake but has to learn that consequences come from your actions.

Not as harsh as  Damon saying he should not be let back on the team, but enough that Jordy gets he cant pull this crap.

I agree with Benning... the Penn State excuse is the most idiotic argument for not letting someone come back. Compile that with the fact that nobody knows 100% what's going on with Jordy, Miles, and the team except for Jordy, Miles, and the team; I think it's stupid for some people getting all up in arms about Jordy now wanting to come back.

FYI I don't like Miles as a coach nor seeing Jordy on the court as I think he's a liability, but there's no reason for any of us to think that we know how Miles and the team should handle this. Just my 2 cents.

10 hours ago, Husker2019 said:

I agree with Benning... the Penn State excuse is the most idiotic argument for not letting someone come back. Compile that with the fact that nobody knows 100% what's going on with Jordy, Miles, and the team except for Jordy, Miles, and the team; I think it's stupid for some people getting all up in arms about Jordy now wanting to come back.

FYI I don't like Miles as a coach nor seeing Jordy on the court as I think he's a liability, but there's no reason for any of us to think that we know how Miles and the team should handle this. Just my 2 cents.

Unless I misheard Benning, I thought he said there is no way you can let Jordy back on the team....

I have no problem with him coming back if that's what Miles and the rest of the team want.  From the outside looking in......Unless there's an extenuating personal circumstance, if I were coach, he would be running stairs till he wishes he never would have walked out on the team to prove he really wants to come back.

But....Miles and the team know more than me.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have no problem with him coming back if that's what Miles and the rest of the team want.  From the outside looking in......Unless there's an extenuating personal circumstance, if I were coach, he would be running stairs till he wishes he never would have walked out on the team to prove he really wants to come back.

But....Miles and the team know more than me.

He is a kid away from home and we do not know what is going on in his life.  He has to live with his teammates now that he did this.  I will only have a problem, if he starts Thursday night. 

I hope Jordy stays, when players start stepping up at this level there are bound to be some who feel left out and playing below their potential. He'll be better when he gets it straightened out.
I see a lot of personal comments directed at Miles and I'm sure his nerdy Leonard Hofstadter personality doesn't mesh with a skilled players ego as well as a coach like Bill Self or Phil Jackson, but he and the staff are obviously doing a great job recruiting despite lacking some in personality management. 

On 1/15/2018 at 2:47 PM, B-town hoopsfan said:

Funny you say you’d boo him  if he came back. Sounded to me like he had overwhelming support from the fans when he checked in against Michigan, and I’m glad he’s back.

Edited by pearljammer
22 hours ago, pearljammer said:

Funny you say you’d boo him  if he came back. Sounded to me like he had overwhelming support from the fans when he checked in against Michigan, and I’m glad he’s back.

I was at the game.  There were a few boos along with the cheers.

• Plus1 1