Trump is Racist

Then, you put on top of that the fact he sexually assaults women and brags about it......you pretty much have a disgusting human being.

Something is baffling me though.  I just can't put my finger on why the KKK and Neo Nazis feel empowered........just can't figure it out.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 5

Nice work @QMany. It is good to have this all compiled in one place so people can see it & decide for themselves.

For a long time, I allowed some amount of deference to Trump on this. I'd say things like "He himself may not be racist, but he's sure appealing to racists for his own ends," which I thought was almost worse in a way. And his "Mexican rapists" bit had already cemented me as completely out as a Trump voter, so it's not like I wanted to see him as something better than he was.

No more. It's a sad day when we have to admit that the President is an ignorant racist, but here we are. Elections have consequences, I guess.

The most disgusting thing is the virtue signaling from the White House after this hit the fan last night. They were reportedly happy about his comment because they thought it would play well with his base. I don't like to throw conservative-leaning people under the bus, but what does that say about the GOP base?

• Plus1 2

He's definitely racist. And the worst part of it all is, the people who voted for him are so tired of hearing how F'd up that vote was, they're tuning out all the Trump criticism. I see people all over my timeline talking about how they've muted words related to Trump. Many Trump voters no longer come to P&R, they've banned discussion of Trump/politics on the Status Updates, all because they want to keep their head in the sand about what they've done. 

Here's Dick Durbin, (D) Illinois, talking about the comments Trump made yesterday - which Durbin witnessed. 

The rest of this tweet thread:

SMb8CpI.png

• Plus1 1

https://www.buzzfeed.com/thomasfrank/secret-money-how-trump-made-millions-selling-condos-to?utm_term=.xyO56yo0G0#.rwwqDjJXrX

The Haitian government claimed in the 1980s that ousted dictator Jean-Claude Duvalier laundered stolen treasury funds when he bought Trump Tower apartment 54-K for $446,875 in August 1983. Duvalier used a Panama shell company called Lasa Trade and Finance to buy the apartment in cash. Trump signed the deed of sale.

Maybe this is why he hates them. They have tried to link him to money laundering before.:dunno

1 minute ago, NM11046 said:

Gotta say Zoogs - pretty bold statement.  I won't put myself in the racist category, and I think there are plenty of examples of others who won't.

I think he meant it more as an indictment of our culture which created the reality of a Trump presidency in the first place.

• Plus1 1