Mike Riley’s salary at Oregon State... $50k.

Saunders

30 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

BTW, Kiyoat Husker, your sig makes me depressed every time I see it. :D

Yeah.  I thought I had been getting a cold response on the board lately.  Maybe I need to "retire" it for a while...

Also: I didn't realize that I had "double uploaded" that image after editing it to update the graphic.  I usually browse the board with sigs turned off.

Thanks, everyone, for not telling me my "fly was down". :facepalm:

Edited by Kiyoat Husker

34 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I believe Greg Schiano has the same title and he made $700k last year. Sorensen is pretty dumb to think that $48k would be anywhere close unless we are talking about high school or D3 football. 

You're really going to compare Ohio State, maybe the highest salary example, to the average in all of college football?  And she is the one who doesn't understand?

2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You're really going to compare Ohio State, maybe the highest salary example, to the average in all of college football?  And she is the one who doesn't understand?

I think he is just pointing out how the average of D1 asst coaches is way higher than 48k.

I think...I don't know for sure.

• Plus1 2

24 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Mike Riley has been coaching for over 30 years in the NFL, Oregon State, and just Nebraska for piss sakes. You think that job was posted for $50k? You can't be that naive. 

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, runningblind said:

tOSU's athletic revenue is nearly $100,000,000 more than OSU's. 

The latest figures I can find from USA Today show only one Power 5 conference school with lower revenue than Oregon State and that would be the program our AD came from.  So if you're going to look at average salaries, realize Oregon State's revenue is closer to Central Florida's than Marylands'.

1 minute ago, LaunchCode said:

tOSU's athletic revenue is nearly $100,000,000 more than OSU's. 

The latest figures I can find from USA Today show only one Power 5 conference school with lower revenue than Oregon State and that would be the program our AD came from.  So if you're going to look at average salaries, realize Oregon State's revenue is closer to Central Florida's than Marylands'.

That is exactly what I was saying to the other dude, but he thinks I am naive. :thumbs