Mike Riley’s salary at Oregon State... $50k.

Saunders

This is complete BS.  In the absence of some already settled upon buyout reduction, NU better have their lawyers on top of this.  If they don't, it means one of two things:  NU screwed up big time with MR's contract OR NU has so much money that they will just let this slide because they may not want to risk any bad pub.  If it's the latter, I'm going to be very disappointed and will think real hard about future donations, because they obviously don't need them.

34 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

This is complete BS.  In the absence of some already settled upon buyout reduction, NU better have their lawyers on top of this.  If they don't, it means one of two things:  NU screwed up big time with MR's contract OR NU has so much money that they will just let this slide because they may not want to risk any bad pub.  If it's the latter, I'm going to be very disappointed and will think real hard about future donations, because they obviously don't need them.

Bad pub for what?   We fired the coach who brought us out worst season in 50 years.  He then proceeded to screw us with a contract that is less than 25% of the going rate.    Litigating is only bad if you're being a jerk.   We wouldn't be a jerk here, we would be holding a jerk accountable.  

• Plus1 4

If Riley and NU didn’t enter into a separation agreement that changed up the buyout, then NU should sue.  It could easily get some of the money back, likely with a quick settlement.  In fact, It’s such an obvious invitation to litigate that there has to be more to the story.

• Plus1 1

All I know is there is some people on this board I would not want to be in charge of managing finances for any organization. Just because Lincoln has the $$ and is in good financial situation. Doesn't mean we should say oh well, mike is a good guy- good business move on his part. Bend us over- it's no big deal we are rich.

To me it's about principle and letter of the law per the contract. If he is contracted to accept an offer at fair market value then that's what he should do. 50k is ridiculous at P5 level. 

• Plus1 4
29 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

All I know is there is some people on this board I would not want to be in charge of managing finances for any organization. Just because Lincoln has the $$ and is in good financial situation. Doesn't mean we should say oh well, mike is a good guy- good business move on his part. Bend us over- it's no big deal we are rich.

To me it's about principle and letter of the law per the contract. If he is contracted to accept an offer at fair market value then that's what he should do. 50k is ridiculous at P5 level. 

Agreed.  Does then mean we can finally put the “Mike Riley is nice guy” s#!t to rest now?

• Plus1 2