Democrats.. liars or did they see something else?

It's still completely inexplicable how the Democrats seemed incapable of offering up someone who could just speak plainly (but gracefully and tactfully), who could speak the truths of, "Hey, look, I know a lot of voters will believe that I am X, Y, or Z, but listen to me and hear what I'm saying..." and then proceed to dismantle these ideas.

idk it seems completely absurd that politics has turned into such a game of showmanship that those within the system are completely unaware that a refreshing candidate who can address the elephant in the room and articulate the problem could/would win an election by a landslide. Even Bernie, for all his strengths, seemed incapable of that sort of genuine response. I don't think there would have been anything holding Bernie back from the White House if he would have kept his exact same platform and message but just added, "Hey, I totally get why people have reservations about me - I know some of my ideas seem outlandish, but A) I'm not unreasonable and B) even if I am, I'm going to surround myself by qualified experts and we will be pragmatic about this s#!t"

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Landlord said:

It's still completely inexplicable how the Democrats seemed incapable of offering up someone who could just speak plainly (but gracefully and tactfully), who could speak the truths of, "Hey, look, I know a lot of voters will believe that I am X, Y, or Z, but listen to me and hear what I'm saying..." and then proceed to dismantle these ideas.

I think if people would have actually listened to Hillary speak,  she was a lot of the things you mentioned . Lots of people chose to believe the hype/smear machine instead though . They believed Benghazi , emails , liar,  crooked,  etc,  and anything she said beyond that was not heard . 

That tactic worked well for the right in 2016 and if the left doesn’t put forth the least smearable  candidate possible in 2020, I think the results will be the same . 

3 hours ago, Landlord said:

idk it seems completely absurd that politics has turned into such a game of showmanship that those within the system are completely unaware that a refreshing candidate who can address the elephant in the room and articulate the problem could/would win an election by a landslide. Even Bernie, for all his strengths, seemed incapable of that sort of genuine response. I don't think there would have been anything holding Bernie back from the White House if he would have kept his exact same platform and message but just added, "Hey, I totally get why people have reservations about me - I know some of my ideas seem outlandish, but A) I'm not unreasonable and B) even if I am, I'm going to surround myself by qualified experts and we will be pragmatic about this s#!t"

just curious, what strengths do you think Bernie has?

The first issue I see with a large number of posters in this forum, not just this thread is that seems (based on posts and threads) like they actually believe one side is doing good versus the other. Neither side is doing good, they haven't for a long time. Why? because they have learned how to funnel money into their bank accounts.

I created this about dems mainly because everything else was pretty much all about republicans in this forum, but they both flip flop to whatever direction the money comes from.

Edited by Bornhusker
  • Plus1 4
9 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

The first issue I see with a large number of posters in this forum, not just this thread is that seems (based on posts and threads) like they actually believe one side is doing good versus the other. Neither side is doing good, they haven't for a long time. Why? because they have learned how to funnel money into their bank accounts.

I created this about dems mainly because everything else was pretty much all about republicans in this forum, but they both flip flop to whatever direction the money comes from.

I agree with you.  But it isn't just posters here, it is voters everywhere.  Just go down to your local Nebraska coffee shop and men, who would have no idea how to join a message board, will tell you that Hillary was doing the devil's work and "thank God" he sent us Trump to stop her....

Have you ever approached a republican who blindly supports their party the same way you approached this board?  If you have, what was the issue and how did they take it?  I ask, because I have seen first hand on this board how the "liberal" members shut down a poster when they go off the deep end on the left.  I don't remember the thread specifically, but Making Chimichangas has taken a lot of flack from posters.

Edited by funhusker
6 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

While I disagree that both sides are equally bad...

I heartily share this sentiment with you. The way everything in politics revolves around where the money at is inexcusable. We've been in this situation before as a nation. When politics is awash in money from big corporate & donor interests, politicians tend to do the bidding of... the corporations & the donors. Weird, right?

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I agree with you.  But it isn't just posters here, it is voters everywhere.  Just go down to your local Nebraska coffee shop and men, who would have no idea how to join a message board, will tell you that Hillary was doing the devil's work and "thank God" he sent us Trump to stop her....

Oh, I know.. but since I am on this board, I am merely speaking about what I see here. 

1 minute ago, Bornhusker said:

Oh, I know.. but since I am on this board, I am merely speaking about what I see here. 

I edited my post, probably while you were typing this response.

Have you ever approached the "other side" like you have this board?  If so, how did it go?  Any different?

I mean no disrespect, but if posters say they agree both sides are bad, why are they only posting about one side. On the republican side I think McCain is an absolute joke and has always been going the direction of the money.

I voted republican his last time because Hillary is evil. She is a puppet for the worlds elite pushes us to remove our Sovereignty for globalization

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I edited my post, probably while you were typing this response.

Have you ever approached the "other side" like you have this board?  If so, how did it go?  Any different?

Sure I have, I don't care who gets angry with me. Neither side is going to change, trust they won't! IF they do, it won't be from a message board, it will be from their own mind opening up.

Just now, Bornhusker said:

Sure I have, I don't care who gets angry with me. Neither side is going to change, trust they won't! IF they do, it won't be from a message board, it will be from their own mind opening up.

Good on you.  I agree with you, I want a govt that represents it's people not the money.  I would love for people to give up on their "team" and just focus on what's best for them, not the cronies with the cash.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Bornhusker said:

my own mind has changed on the subject.   i was a life long republican until this administration....now i don't know how i will vote int he future but am totally fed up with what the republican party has become.   have never really thought of myself as a democrat...but did vote for hillary since she was the lessor evil in this election in my opinion.   didn't like that vote but could not support trump.   i am thinking i will be an independent and choose the person i think is the most honest and has the best intentions for our country in the future rather than looking for either an R or D by their name on the ballot.

• Plus1 2