Democrats.. liars or did they see something else?

9 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

I mean no disrespect, but if posters say they agree both sides are bad, why are they only posting about one side. On the republican side I think McCain is an absolute joke and has always been going the direction of the money.

I voted republican his last time because Hillary is evil. She is a puppet for the worlds elite pushes us to remove our Sovereignty for globalization

We spend most of our time complaining about Republicans because they control all levers of the federal government right now. And they're doing their best to screw it up & hurt a lot of people. If Democrats had complete control you'd see the opposite.

Don't you think Trump also pushes the interests of the elite over the little guy? He had an opportunity to craft a populist, GOOD tax bill that helped the people he promised to help. He's lazy enough that he opted to let Paul Ryan handle the details & we got his tax bill instead.

• Plus1 3
22 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

I started to reply but stopped and then tried to delete everything but it wouldn't let me.. finally got it to delete.

was just going to reply to fun, but have to run that is why I tried to delete it.. 

Don't take this personally, but I don't care if you reply to me.....  :)

(Page 1 reference)

• Plus1 2
19 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Problem is, the centerline for moderation has moved so far to the right in the last 20 years that we need responsible progressives to nudge it back where it belongs. Hilary Clinton was a habitual centrist and I think she actually suffered from it. The right likes to pillory Nancy Pelosi as a liberal, but she's takes money from the same lobbyists as the Republicans, and was willing to compromise along with the best of them back when this wasn't a binary system. 

Bernie Sanders is a different animal. He's portrayed as an extremist for advancing ideas like single payer healthcare and free college tuition, but Sanders and others are able to back up genuine policy initiatives with surprisingly plausible cost/benefit numbers. Back in 2009, when Americans were polled on potential healthcare systems, 60+ percent thought Single Payer was the way to go --- because it was clearly explained to them. When opponents screamed Socialized Medicine!, a reasonable law that would benefit as many Americans as possible was suddenly marginalized as extremist.

If Democrats serve up a slate of moderates promoting their willingness to compromise, I think they'll lose the moment the midterms are providing. I think a big part of holding Democrats accountable is reminding them how uninspiring the party establishment has been. 

Great post, I completely agree.

16 hours ago, ZRod said:

Too bad Uncle Joe wasn't up for it. That would have been a fun ride.

Biden may not have been better. He's currently preparing for a 2020 run but has insulted millenials in his own party several times now. Apparently forgetting they're the largest voting block in both his party and overall.

1 hour ago, Bornhusker said:

The first issue I see with a large number of posters in this forum, not just this thread is that seems (based on posts and threads) like they actually believe one side is doing good versus the other. Neither side is doing good, they haven't for a long time. Why? because they have learned how to funnel money into their bank accounts.

I created this about dems mainly because everything else was pretty much all about republicans in this forum, but they both flip flop to whatever direction the money comes from.

I think a better way to characterize this forum is that one side is doing worse things than the other - and it's the side that's got control of the Presidency and both Houses of Congress, so it's also able to do the most damage.

And I completely agree about the money. By far my number one issue is getting money out of politics.

55 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I can dislike eating both dog s#!t and dog food, but think one is way worse than the other.

This.  People don't seem to grasp the concept of triage. 

And gotta love it when someone who's been on this board for two months claims to grasp the tenor of the people who've posted here for years.  That's a special kind of special.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Bornhusker said:

I voted republican his last time because Hillary is evil. She is a puppet for the worlds elite pushes us to remove our Sovereignty for globalization

Alex Jones is that you? Gotta love it when people want to fight the steadily progressing reality that is a shrinking world (AKA globalization).

Edited by ZRod
  • Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Bornhusker said:

I mean no disrespect, but if posters say they agree both sides are bad, why are they only posting about one side.

Because there is a logical fallacy called 'false equivalency' that you're falling right into the middle of.

People on this board are capable of criticizing anyone who deserves it. The most liberal person on huskerboard has been on record saying Clinton should have been impeached, Obama wasn't all that progressive or revolutionary of a President, and plenty of other legitimate criticisms of the left. It's the hypocrisy and the blatant catering to the white vote at the fear of brown/black people that is the biggest driving force behind the Republican party being due much more criticism.

Yes, Democrats are self-serving and most all of them are spineless opportunists. But at least they do that in a way where they're trying to get the votes of the latinx, black, lgbtq+, etc. communities. At least they don't manufacture controversies about latte salutes and the President eating dijon mustard or wearing mom jeans or terrorist fist jabs. At least they don't all have tweets from three years ago directly contradicting the things they tweeted yesterday. 

• Plus1 2

One reason to post more about Republican evils is that Republicans currently control all the levers -- more so than any party in our lifetime -- and are actively pursuing binding policies that a clear majority of Americans oppose,*

Also, there has never, ever, ever been a President like Donald Trump. I know liberals might seem hysteric, but this man is utterly mind-blowing. You cannot overstate how inappropriate he is for the job. 

*when the policy is actually explained to them, instead of parroting the version with all the demonizing buzzwords and blatant untruths. 

• Plus1 3
7 hours ago, funhusker said:

Don't take this personally, but I don't care if you reply to me.....  :)

(Page 1 reference)

and I don't.. only those looking to start something would. :)

it is funny, many talk about the republicans being on control and that is why most talk is about republicans.. WHAT A LOAD OF BULL!

I have lurked this board in the past and it was never like this when the dems were in control. Especially to this level..

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Bornhusker said:

and I don't.. only those looking to start something would. :)

it is funny, many talk about the republicans being on control and that is why most talk is about republicans.. WHAT A LOAD OF BULL!

I have lurked this board in the past and it was never like this when the dems were in control. Especially to this level..

You ever think that might be because things weren't a complete cluster f#*k under them? They could actual pass billswhich quite a few here disagreed with and voiced their concerns over.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

Well there's also the element of how the Dems were governing pretty effectively for the most part, and weren't regularly trying to dismantle/destroy needed laws and force through ill-conceived legislature.

There's also the element of how the Democratic president didn't make a habit out of insulting almost all kinds of foreigners and minorities of color (and women), having affairs, encouraging violence, etc.

There's also the element of how we were quite respected across the world, compared to now.

There's also the element of how more relevant to be talked about was the Republicans plan to do nothing other than obstruct, with their only goal being opposition to anything Obama did. 

Despite all of that, there is plenty of criticism to go around towards the Democratic party, it's leaders, Barack Obama, and others. I suggest you keep your eyes open, and you can find it even here on Huskerboard.

• Plus1 5
2 hours ago, Bornhusker said:

So you bitch about one side only? I call dog s#!t on that!

There seem to be plenty of folks here willing to take Democrats to task, and a lot of people conceding that Hillary Clinton drove people to apathy or Trump.

But again, it's that false equivalency thing. There are two sides to every story, but at the moment they're are far from equal. It's a particularly dangerous time to be screwing around with the truth. 

• Plus1 7
5 hours ago, Bornhusker said:

So....let me get this straight. 

We have a president who was elected because people thought it was so cool that he makes up immature names for people. Since being elected, people love it that he has no respect for anyone. 

But......now his followers are going to start crying about how people who don’t agree with them talk to them?????

No, trump supporters have lost all credibility in complaining about someone else’s demeanor in a discussion. They have voted in the most pathetic person imaginable in that area and think he’s great because of it.  

• Plus1 3