Great linemen= great success

...I was so blessed to be of age to watch these teams in real time...MR Frost was on these teams and knows full well what the locker room needs to be full of-insane maniacs between the whistles. He saw the type of systems and practice ideology..after 17 years now, I finally have hope in Husker football. The boosters and everyone else needs to leave coach alone to build program..I don’t really care if he goes .500 in next 2 years..in long run he WILL get it done..IMO

look at the composition of these men..compared to mike Reilly teams..these men reflect a absolutely successful weightlifting program..the linemen on roster now have chicken legs..get these men back to Olympic lifts..and a leader within the team needs to step up and police the lazy players..

number 67 has oak trees for legs..Look at technique of them getting low and driving forth..oh I miss this

01D0911F-E527-4ACA-A1CD-5F1283D61CDC.jpeg

Edited by 1994 Husker
  • Plus1 2

3 hours ago, 1994 Husker said:

...I was so blessed to be of age to watch these teams in real time...MR Frost was on these teams and knows full well what the locker room needs to be full of-insane maniacs between the whistles. He saw the type of systems and practice ideology..after 17 years now, I finally have hope in Husker football. The boosters and everyone else needs to leave coach alone to build program..I don’t really care if he goes .500 in next 2 years..in long run he WILL get it done..IMO

look at the composition of these men..compared to mike Reilly teams..these men reflect a absolutely successful weightlifting program..the linemen on roster now have chicken legs..get these men back to Olympic lifts..and a leader within the team needs to step up and police the lazy players..

number 67 has oak trees for legs..Look at technique of them getting low and driving forth..oh I miss this

Hell look at the tight ends lower body #87. Think that guy could drive a few people off the ball?

• Plus1 1

On 1/15/2018 at 8:43 AM, 1994 Husker said:

I would amend the thread title to "great blocking=great success".  Having great linemen is a wonderful advantage, but blocking schemes can make up for having a lower tier of talent on the line.  The right scheme can make up for quite a few deficiencies, as we are going to see next season.  

1 hour ago, Crazyhole said:

It isn't as much the bellies as it is the arms and more so the chests. 

Well we can't see their chests and their arms, again, look fairly par for the course to me.

If we're going to judge someone's strength, particularly on the o-line, we should judge it by measurable statistics. I maintain I don't see a big difference between that photo and this one.

ncaa-football-wisconsin-nebraska.jpg

• Plus1 4