Great linemen= great success

On 1/16/2018 at 9:31 AM, Nebfanatic said:

Where is that proof exactly?

..the proof was in their inability to drive forward.. it was a hike,stand up, and backpeddle scheme.. run blocking is altogether different.. it’s violent..the staff didn’t practice run blocking to any measurable extent, and players WILL do what they practice.. 

On 1/16/2018 at 11:53 AM, Sker fer life said:

Uhhhhhhh, yeah.

That picture is a reflects the outcome of 3 things IMO, no locker room (player) internal accountability, coach accountability and individual accountability.. it has to start with the individual, it takes discipline to forge ones body.. their bodies are a reflection of their attitude and their play on field nailed how transparent that systemic organizational issues were.. that kind of fat is preventable and it’s horroble weight ... they can’t dial up a pulling linemen play when you have fat, weak and slow bodies like this..

On 1/16/2018 at 8:24 AM, twofittyonred said:

Related image

Saben saw first hand the requirement of powerful linemen, as his Michigan State team got pummeled in 1995 by huskers... He since took action.

this is one of his fellas... looks like a husker throwback.. what differernce between 

D9E10039-97E2-41D5-A861-F527D7E7B68C.jpeg

Edited by 1994 Husker
3 hours ago, 1994 Husker said:

That picture is a reflects the outcome of 3 things IMO, no locker room (player) internal accountability, coach accountability and individual accountability.. it has to start with the individual, it takes discipline to forge ones body.. their bodies are a reflection of their attitude and their play on field nailed how transparent that systemic organizational issues were.. that kind of fat is preventable and it’s horroble weight ... they can’t dial up a pulling linemen play when you have fat, weak and slow bodies like this..

Agree 100%, I believe they just weren't motivated by the previous staff. 

4 hours ago, 1994 Husker said:

Saben saw first hand the requirement of powerful linemen, as his Michigan State team got pummeled in 1995 by huskers... He since took action.

this is one of his fellas... looks like a husker throwback.. what differernce between 

D9E10039-97E2-41D5-A861-F527D7E7B68C.jpeg

Yep, Alabama players never have guts.

6609176.jpg

• Plus1 4
55 minutes ago, Crazyhole said:

And those guys have bigger calves than our players biceps.  If all you're going to focus on is the belly then we just have to agree to disagree.

But you're wrong. 

I guess you'll have to explain to me what I'm wrong about.  People have long been complaining about the lack of toned abs of our linemen.  That's nothing more than wanting to complain about something.

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Mavric said:

I guess you'll have to explain to me what I'm wrong about.  People have long been complaining about the lack of toned abs of our linemen.  That's nothing more than wanting to complain about something.

Maybe it has something to do with the actual lack of physical strength exhibited through the season...??  PS... not seeing anyone really "complaining" about or asking for "toned" abs...   but hey... this is just my opinion and is in no way a personal attack...

10 hours ago, Crazyhole said:

And those guys have bigger calves than our players biceps.  If all you're going to focus on is the belly then we just have to agree to disagree.

But you're wrong. 

This is nothing more than conjecture. You're trying to correlate the look of one player to another and then draw shaky conclusions between the two. People are built differently even when they're the exact same height.

If you want to criticize a linemen's strength and fitness, find his measurable stats and have it. This thread is full of some pretty asinine hot takes right now.

• Plus1 5

27 minutes ago, Enhance said:

This is nothing more than conjecture. You're trying to correlate the look of one player to another and then draw shaky conclusions between the two. People are built differently even when they're the exact same height.

If you want to criticize a linemen's strength and fitness, find his measurable stats and have it. This thread is full of some pretty asinine hot takes right now.

yea.... opinions.... there weird.....

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Well considering that Alabama's line pushed defenders around and Nebraska's line got pushed around by defenders, it stands to reason that they are a stronger group.  The picture is just further evidence of that.  Conjecture would be saying that not a single one of our linemen would have started at Alabama this year, although it's probably an opinion that most people would agree with.  

Alabama's offensive line is not better simply because they're stronger. Getting pushed around has to do with leverage, technique, fundamentals, attitude and strength, and that's my point.

If I took photos of a few dozen offensive lines around the country and photoshopped an Alabama uniform onto each of them, most of this board would have no clue who the real Alabama line is.

• Plus1 3
5 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

Maybe it has something to do with the actual lack of physical strength exhibited through the season...??  PS... not seeing anyone really "complaining" about or asking for "toned" abs...   but hey... this is just my opinion and is in no way a personal attack...

And of course you posting a single pic of two guy standing around with guts was actually supposed to convey that your main complaint was their physical strength while playing during the season.

Can't believe I missed that.

• Plus1 1