Nebrasketball Game #21- Michigan (Thursday, January 18- 8pm- BTN)

What will the result of the game be?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result of the game be?

• Nebraska win by single digits
    • Nebraska win by double digits
    • Michigan win by single digits
    • Michigan win by double digits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/19/2018 at 03:39 AM

Besides the the transfers, two key things are really paying dividends.

1.  Anton Gill is being more than serviceable.  Coming off the injury after a meh year, many wondered how he ever was such a big time high school recruit.  This year he is knocking down his open threes and not just having that he the only shot he is looking for.  His defense is waaay better.  This production continuing will only help this team.

2.  So many people say Roby has grown in confidence.  Why is that??  It’s because Tim has let the leash on him go.  Last year one shot or bad pass would bury Roby on the bench for long stretches during games.  Maybe it’s out of necessity, maybe Tim finally realized the positives of what he brings to the floor far outweigh the bad.  Offense and defense in his game go hand in hand.  And we’ve seen in the past as well as the other night, a top ten highlight or posterizing dunk can come at anytime.

God speed to the team that ever catches all the big guns firing at once this year.  Monday in Columbus would be a fine time for that to occur, it may be needed

• Plus1 3

8 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:Besides the the transfers, two key things are really paying dividends.

1.  Anton Gill is being more than serviceable.  Coming off the injury after a meh year, many wondered how he ever was such a big time high school recruit.  This year he is knocking down his open threes and not just having that he the only shot he is looking for.  His defense is waaay better.  This production continuing will only help this team.

2.  So many people say Roby has grown in confidence.  Why is that??  It’s because Tim has let the leash on him go.  Last year one shot or bad pass would bury Roby on the bench for long stretches during games.  Maybe it’s out of necessity, maybe Tim finally realized the positives of what he brings to the floor far outweigh the bad.  Offense and defense in his game go hand in hand.  And we’ve seen in the past as well as the other night, a top ten highlight or posterizing dunk can come at anytime.

God speed to the team that ever catches all the big guns firing at once this year.  Monday in Columbus would be a fine time for that to occur, it may be needed

I think that happened last night against Michigan!  Michigan didn't know what hit them! You could tell they were not ready for what Nebraska threw at them and they had no answer.  To hold Mo Wagner to 2 points was amazing!

What I saw last night that has been missing was:

>Nebraska didn't let up in the second quarter.  They sometimes come out 'guns ablazin' only to poop out in the second half.  Not so last night!

>They played real team ball.  THAT was so refreshing. There wasn't one player who hogged the ball rather they looked to see who was open then threw the ball to them.

>The biggest thing they did last night was this: They played balanced SMART basketball.  That is the most complete game I've ever seen them play.  They were so aggressive on defense, especially working hard for rebounds, which had been lacking and they took their time for quality shots on offense.

They still need to improve with regards to free throws and to watch Roby grow in confidence is fun. I agree with the announcers: Roby really doesn't know how good he really is.  

I'm glad Tim Miles is being given a chance to prove himself.  I've liked him since Day 1. He just needed the freedom to coach the way he wanted to coach.  Getting quality players has helped.  The more they win the better the players will be going forward! GBR!

• Plus1 1

The defense was as good as I have ever seen it. Guys played with awesome energy. Closed on the ball well. They did give up a few more easy layups than i would have liked but they shut down almost everything else. 

I loved the ground and the student section getting after Wagner. It was all in clean fun(from what I heard).

This is the team we all recognize as special. The team against Illinois is the one that makes us question Miles... Biggest difference was energy and interest in playing defense.

Wasn't able to watch or follow online last night.  Was super surprised when I turned on my car at 10:15 and flipped to the XM Channel and saw we won by 20.  As I said on the last page, needed that win bigly for any dance hopes.  We really only have 1 (or maybe 2 - Maryland) shot at getting another top 50 win, and that is at Ohio St.