Huskers in the Super Bowl

Mavric

3 hours ago, Hunter94 said:

was hoping to see Rex play yesterday......obviously he is behind White.

He did get a carry early on a reverse, but I'm pretty sure that was just to prove he's still alive. Sounds like he was the player that cut Brady's hand, so a disappearance wouldn't be shocking.

In all seriousness though, probably had more to do with being out for a few weeks. They have a lot of talented backs, and you never know who they're going to use - hopefully he's used more in the super bowl, White didn't impress me a ton. Lewis is clearly the top back at the moment though.

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Not only that, he gets a $100k+ bonus is the Pats win the SB.

Garoppolo gets a $50k+ bonus if the Pats lose the SB as well.   Dude is gonna get paid.   Basically for a team he used to play making the SB, he is going to get at least $130k+ bonus. 

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Garoppolo pocketed $79,000 thanks to New England's two playoff wins and AFC title.

He's not done making money, either, as Schefter noted the signal-caller would earn an additional $112,000 if the Patriots win the Super Bowl and $56,000 if they lose.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755282-jimmy-garoppolo-receives-79k-bonus-for-patriots-reaching-super-bowl-lii

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

He did get a carry early on a reverse, but I'm pretty sure that was just to prove he's still alive. Sounds like he was the player that cut Brady's hand, so a disappearance wouldn't be shocking.

In all seriousness though, probably had more to do with being out for a few weeks. They have a lot of talented backs, and you never know who they're going to use - hopefully he's used more in the super bowl, White didn't impress me a ton. Lewis is clearly the top back at the moment though.

Rex also go lit up.  He did a little drag route and the LB jarred the ball lose with a massive hit.  I don't recall seeing him much after that.   He may have been injured slightly on that play.