Changes to Spring Practice and the Spring Game

Saunders

Of course he will use the practice...smh.  I have stood up for you in the past on here but you really do look for opportunities to tell people they are wrong.  My point was for him to change his mind about not practicing before the break, he possibly saw an opportunity to communicate a message to the team before they went on break.  

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Frost said Nebraska is working on whether it will practice in the mornings in the fall. He said practicing early in the day is important so Nebraska can finish its work early on Thursday and rest up for Saturday games. 

The other benefit of earlier practices, he pointed out, is that players are less likely to skip classes if the Huskers practice early.

“I know when I was a student, I was decent student, but if there was a choice to get up and go to class or stay in bed, I sometimes made the wrong choice,” Frost said. “None of these guys are going to miss practice. We’re going to get them up and moving. We’ll have better attendance in classes, better attentiveness in classes and these guys are going to flourish on and off the field because of it.”

1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

I didn't realize Penn State also plays that day until now... Hopefully we have no issues with this. UGH. If we do, I'll be pissed because I would've just bought tickets and went instead.

The frustrating part about them cutting it short - it wasn't even on tv live- they just pulled the plug while the game was still going on while only on BTN2Go (or whatever they call it)

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:28 PM, ScottyIce said:

Scott is a little too smart to waste a practice on a lecture. 

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:52 PM, Hilltop said:

Of course he will use the practice...smh.  I have stood up for you in the past on here but you really do look for opportunities to tell people they are wrong.  My point was for him to change his mind about not practicing before the break, he possibly saw an opportunity to communicate a message to the team before they went on break.  

Actually he did communicate that message to the team and stated that was one reason he wanted to get one practice under their belt before spring break.

50 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Actually he did communicate that message to the team and stated that was one reason he wanted to get one practice under their belt before spring break.

That, and it allowed the staff to use the rest of the week for meetings. 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...