Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

There is much more than basketball going on.  I am just saying with the filling of the seats PBA, it was not a priority.  The seat might have been warm at the beginning of the year, but it was far from hot.

Seats were all full at Memorial Stadium as well.  I don't think that's a big consideration.  If you wait until the seats start NOT being filled, you've missed the boat.

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, Mavric said:

Seats were all full at Memorial Stadium as well.  I don't think that's a big consideration.  If you wait until the seats start NOT being filled, you've missed the boat.

Seats will always be full at Memorial. The Sellout streak is too important.

so, to your point Moos cant judge the football teams success on that, but PBA is a different ball game. I dont think its too late if the seats are empty because I think they will empty fairly quickly, I believe that happened last year.

Nebraska Basketball lacks the loyalty of the football teams fan base.

Just now, Minnesota_husker said:

Seats will always be full at Memorial. The Sellout streak is too important.

so, to your point Moos cant judge the football teams success on that, but PBA is a different ball game. I dont think its too late if the seats are empty because I think they will empty fairly quickly, I believe that happened last year.

Nebraska Basketball lacks the loyalty of the football teams fan base.

Eh, I realize it's not exactly the same.  But basketball has been sold out since they moved to PBA.  And four of the last five years we've been within one loss of the school record for losses yet it's still sold out.  So I don't think attendance is much of an indicator of the team's success, and thus not much of an indicator of how secure the coach's job is.

I voted NIT

Our computer ranking suck, mainly due to a crappy non-con SOS and not having a win over a top 50 team.  A win tonight would go a long way towards helping us, but  we really need to get the computer rankings up to be under consideration for an at-large.

RPI - #71, non-con SoS #248, 0-4 vs top 50

BPI - #87, non-con SoS #169, 0-5 "quality wins"

KenPom - #85, non-con SoS #275,

IMO, Miles was always going to get this year before Moos dives deep into examining the program. Moos had his hands full with setting the football program back on track, and that should have bought Miles at least one year. 

Should he be on the proverbial hot seat next year? Sure, if they don't make the tournament or a deep, deep run in the NIT this year. 

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I voted NIT

Our computer ranking suck, mainly due to a crappy non-con SOS and not having a win over a top 50 team.  A win tonight would go a long way towards helping us, but  we really need to get the computer rankings up to be under consideration for an at-large.

RPI - #71, non-con SoS #248, 0-4 vs top 50

BPI - #87, non-con SoS #169, 0-5 "quality wins"

KenPom - #85, non-con SoS #275,

I said it earlier, but if they can get to 21 wins and get one in the B1G tournament, they'll have a very compelling case to make it in. That should put their RPI somewhere in the 60s. 

48 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Eh, I realize it's not exactly the same.  But basketball has been sold out since they moved to PBA.  And four of the last five years we've been within one loss of the school record for losses yet it's still sold out.  So I don't think attendance is much of an indicator of the team's success, and thus not much of an indicator of how secure the coach's job is.

UNL relies on revenues from the football program that is why it is a priority; not so with basketball.  I will agree that Moos wants other programs to be profitable, like volleyball & basketball.   But I stand by that these programs were not going to be changed this year due to making changes in football, which why he brought here and reorganize the athletic department.  

36 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I said it earlier, but if they can get to 21 wins and get one in the B1G tournament, they'll have a very compelling case to make it in. That should put their RPI somewhere in the 60s. 

RPI in the 60s probably doesn't cut it.  I would feel much more comfortable with it being in the 40s.

In 2014, we were #49 and got an 11 seed.

• Plus1 1

I truly hope this game is the game that shows these players they can be special if they play the right way. That game reminded me of "No Sit Sunday" however it was probably a stronger overall performance. 

They need to play that way for every game moving forward. If they beat Ohio State, they suddenly are very much so in the driver seat for a tournament appearance. 

But all that crashes down if you lose a home game here on out(except maybe Maryland). And you cant lose to a bottom team on the road(Outside of OSU thats all they have left).

@Wisconsin and @Minnesota wont be easy but you need to win both. 

If you lose to Ohio state, I think you need to go  8-1.

If you beat Ohio State, I think you can maybe get away with 7-2.

Michigan is your signature win. You played close with Kansas.. you are building that resume.

LETS GO!

Loss didn't hurt us too much in the computer rankings.  What hurt was that it was a chance to get a top 50 W.  Maybe only 1 more regular season chance (Maryland), then possibly in the B1G Tournament for another top 50 W.

Ranking after Mich W -> Ranking after OSU L

RPI #63 --> #67

BPI #72 --> #74

KenPom #65 --> #63

• Plus1 1

The NU loss to KU in the final seconds is going to hurt badly when it comes to Selection Sunday (assuming NU keeps performing well enough to get on the bubble).

KU has now righted the ship, and will probably win the Big 12 for the umpteenth time in a row, and will get at least a #2 seed in the NCAA tournament.  That win would have been a nice feather in NU's cap.

Edited by ColoradoHusk