Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

If the committee is taking 4-5 out of the B1G- are we not guaranteed a spot? I get our conference is not very stellar this year, but two things come to mind:  1) The B1G is still a could draw for viewership- so I error on the side 5 teams are chosen 2). Nebraska is hot and Vegas is liking us a lot for covering the spreads- so that has to work to our advantage with the gamblers...So I say- Nebraska gets in by their chinny chin chins

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Is this team better than the Terran Petteway team?

Yes.

Palmer > Petteway

Watson>>>>>Webster

Copeland>Pitchford

Roby<Shields

Gill/Taylor> Gallegos/Parker

Add in 

That team had no one like Jordy, Allen or Okeke 

*Reminder I’m talking about them as players now vs where those guys were at that season. Webster SR vs Webster FR isn’t even close to one another.

Edited by ScottyIce
46 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

That team had no one like Jordy, or Okeke 

This is only true because the 13-14 team had zero post presence. 

Jordy is an absolute liability on defense/rebounding, and provides his fair share of blunders on the offensive end. Okeke is quite the opposite, but at least provides another rim protector to go along with Roby. Still haven't figured out why Jordy is first off the bench before Okeke, other than Miles being scared hurt Jordy's feelings again.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

This is only true because the 13-14 team had zero post presence. 

Jordy is an absolute liability on defense/rebounding, and provides his fair share of blunders on the offensive end. Okeke is quite the opposite, but at least provides another rim protector to go along with Roby. Still haven't figured out why Jordy is first off the bench before Okeke..  

This.  I can't stand Jordy.  He has stone hands and cannot ever grab the basketball.  It baffles me how a simple rebound turns into the ball bouncing around. 

1 hour ago, Vizsla1 said:

If the committee is taking 4-5 out of the B1G- are we not guaranteed a spot? I get our conference is not very stellar this year, but two things come to mind:  1) The B1G is still a could draw for viewership- so I error on the side 5 teams are chosen 2). Nebraska is hot and Vegas is liking us a lot for covering the spreads- so that has to work to our advantage with the gamblers...So I say- Nebraska gets in by their chinny chin chins

The thinking is the B1G will get four spots.  Purdue, Michigan State and Ohio State are locks.  Nebraska and Michigan battling for the last spot.

If the B1G were to get five, they should both be in.  But four seems to be the prevailing theory.

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

The thinking is the B1G will get four spots.  Purdue, Michigan State and Ohio State are locks.  Nebraska and Michigan battling for the last spot.

If the B1G were to get five, they should both be in.  But four seems to be the prevailing theory.

Michigan is ranked 20th currently, with a loss to Northwestern this week probably changing that, but assuming they close out the season accordingly, I can't see them getting left out.

If Nebraska wins out I think the B1G gets 5.

1 hour ago, Vizsla1 said:

Viewership and gamblers have absolutely nothing to do with making it to the tourney. If Nebraska gets in it's because their resume looks better than enough other teams. There's no guaranteed number from each conference either.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

When they do the brackets now is it a prediction based on what the teams have done so far, or what they think is going to happen?

Bracket Matrix takes something like 80 bracketologists and complies a list of which teams will most likely make the tournament based on those brackets. They're based on what a team has done thus far.