Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

If he's not joking he's then very wrong.

You guys have what is in front of you syndrome.  That team beat some good teams, this team has not.  They will not receive that chance for another few weeks.  I reserve the right for opinion to change.  No I am not very wrong, sorry I don't run with the hive Huskerboard mind.  Depth is better, pure talent.... ehh time will tell here very shortly.

• Plus1 1
Just now, KingBlank said:

You guys have what is in front of you syndrome.  That team beat some good teams, this team has not.  They will not receive that chance for another few weeks.  I reserve the right for opinion to change.  No I am not very wrong, sorry I don't run with the hive Huskerboard mind.  Depth is better, pure talent.... ehh time will tell here very shortly.

Copeland>Pitchford

Watson>Webster (Freshman)

Gill>Gallegos

Shields was better than Roby is right now, but Roby is still pretty darn good.

Palmer and Petteway are debatable. Petteway is probably a better 3-point shooter, but Palmer is so good at getting to the rim and finishing as well as getting to the free throw line.

I am not saying Petteway's team was bad, I just believe this team is better that is all.

• Plus1 1

39 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

sorry I don't run with the hive Huskerboard mind.  

Yes, you're quite the pioneer....

That team caught fire for a month, and played above their heads. They were never as good as they looked that month, and the proof of that is what happened the following year. You think this team will fall off next year if Palmer, Copeland, Watson, Roby, and the rest of the underclassmen return? Highly unlikely, in my opinion.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 5
1 hour ago, The Murphinator said:

Copeland>Pitchford

Watson>Webster (Freshman)

Gill>Gallegos

Shields was better than Roby is right now, but Roby is still pretty darn good.

Palmer and Petteway are debatable. Petteway is probably a better 3-point shooter, but Palmer is so good at getting to the rim and finishing as well as getting to the free throw line.

I am not saying Petteway's team was bad, I just believe this team is better that is all.

Hill and Gallegos are debatable, Parker had better D then Taylor. 

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

That team caught fire for a month, and played above their heads. They were never as good as they looked that month, and the proof of that is what happened the following year. You think this team will fall off next year if Palmer, Copeland, Watson, Roby, and the rest of the underclassmen return? Highly unlikely, in my opinion.

I’m not gonna say one squad is better yet, but the similarities between the teams is pretty close.  Both close with a strong home favored schedule against weaker conference teams.  Needing to win out to get to the dance.  The bigger deal may be the former squad closed out with a huge win vs Wisconsin and had the MSU win, so their resume was stronger and the one and done conference tourney didn’t kill their chances.  Still can’t say that with this years squad.  The biggest thing about next year is how the traditional strong programs rebound from poor years(Maryland, Indiana, Iowa Wisky And Illinois) as well as how the schedule plays out against playing teams once vs twice.  An overall better team may be on the floor, but the record could be worse

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Um this team has caught fire in almost the exact same way, like almost exactly, except they aren't going to beat Michigan state at Michigan state.  Or a highly ranked Wisconsin team.  The proof the following year was that Miles played WP out of position and that screwed the entire season. 

3 hours ago, Huskerlambs said:

I hope you're wrong.  22-9, 13-5 has to be enough.  

There’s a chance, but I feel that we would have to pick up at least one in the conference tourney if we drop one in the regular season. I wouldn’t want to be at 22-10(losing first game conf. Or 21 reg season and 1 in conf.) come selection sunday, doesn’t feel good to me. 

Edited by TNelson97
22 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Um this team has caught fire in almost the exact same way, like almost exactly, except they aren't going to beat Michigan state at Michigan state.  Or a highly ranked Wisconsin team.  The proof the following year was that Miles played WP out of position and that screwed the entire season. 

Playing Walt Pitchford isn't going to change the trajectory of a team's season that dramatically. We'll agree to disagree on this....

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

Agreed.  Been saying the same for weeks.  One loss in these last few games will wipe NU out of the “first or next four out” real fast.  Keep playing good team ball and need to run the table.  And Tuesday will be a battle more than some are thinking.

I just pray this team wins the B1G tournament so we don’t have to deal with the nervousness of uncertainty for an entire week leading up to Selection Sunday 

3 hours ago, KingBlank said:

That team had one player that got very, very hot, and two role players that produced when they could. 

This team has 4 legit scoring threats, as well as two role players that fit their roles very, very well. Add two bigs that can produce when the can. 

'17-'18 over '13-'14 by 10, at least.