Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

54 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I think it's bc just about anytime they put stock in us, we go out and s#!t the bed and they get burned.  Just look what happened last time we made the tourney.

You mean when we played the 26 win Baylor team who beat us by 14, then creighton by 30 and lost in the Sweet 16 to Wisconsin?

or do you mean the Baylor team that had 3 NBA guys(should’ve been 4 with a 1st round pick but got diagnosed with a rare syndrome) and 1 NFL guy?

7 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

You mean when we played the 26 win Baylor team who beat us by 14, then creighton by 30 and lost in the Sweet 16 to Wisconsin?

or do you mean the Baylor team that had 3 NBA guys(should’ve been 4 with a 1st round pick but got diagnosed with a rare syndrome) and 1 NFL guy?

That was a good Baylor team but we might as well have not even shown up for that game.  Baylor was only a 2.5 point favorite BTW.  Regardless, my point still stands that just about anytime we've had some spotlight, we've gone and s#!t the bed.  

Time will tell. We need to take care of business and the chips will fall where they fall. I agree 100% that our resume isnt great but if you finish 11-1 with your only loss being on the road to a top 10 team and you finish 4th in a power 5 conference with 23 wins, the committee is going to look at this and say "This team is playing really good basketball right now".

While I certainly dont think we will be a lock, I just think it makes it tough for the committee to not put us in there. They like stories and I think they would like to see us like Northwestern last year.

Win out and hope that Penn State takes a few and all of a sudden the win over them looks bigger. 

Who knows what will happen but I sure am enjoying this run. The team isnt cracking under pressure. GO BIG RED

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

That was a good Baylor team but we might as well have not even shown up for that game.  Baylor was only a 2.5 point favorite BTW.  Regardless, my point still stands that just about anytime we've had some spotlight, we've gone and s#!t the bed.  

Ya, especially that "no sit sunday" against Wisconsin.. Huge pressure game and we sure did crap the bed in that game.......

Comparing that team to this team is silly. Different situation.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Ya, especially that "no sit sunday" against Wisconsin.. Huge pressure game and we sure did crap the bed in that game.......

Comparing that team to this team is silly. Different situation.

Which is my point.  People had high expectations for that team going into the tournament bc of the way we had been playing and we basically got blown out.  I'm just trying to say if I'm an analyst, I'm hesitant to pick NU as well based on history.

Edit:  I think this team has way more potential than that team too.  That team was more about one player playing out of his mind than it was good team bball.

Edited by RedSavage
2 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Which is my point.  People had high expectations for that team going into the tournament bc of the way we had been playing and we basically got blown out.  I'm just trying to say if I'm an analyst, I'm hesitant to pick NU as well based on history.

Edit:  I think this team has way more potential than that team too.  That team was more about one player playing out of his mind than it was good team bball.

If you are part of the committee and you base who you pick based on a team from 4 years ago losing a 1st round game, you should be fired.

Base each team on their own merits for that year.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

If you are part of the committee and you base who you pick based on a team from 4 years ago losing a 1st round game, you should be fired.

Base each team on their own merits for that year.

Well obviously but it's the flip side of the same argument people were making for teams like Maryland getting more praise than us.