Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

On 2/14/2018 at 11:10 AM, RedSavage said:

That was a good Baylor team but we might as well have not even shown up for that game.  Baylor was only a 2.5 point favorite BTW.  Regardless, my point still stands that just about anytime we've had some spotlight, we've gone and s#!t the bed.  

And let's not forget the officiating angle--that official was dismissed for a history of poor calls and negative behavior/antics on the court. 

Can't remember his name...but he was a significant factor. I mean, FFS, he ejected Tim Miles because he was trying to alert them that the timekeeper didn't do their job.

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

I watch the games. You read the RPI 

I watched Oklahoma beat Kansas. I watched TCU beat West Virginia. I also watched Nebraska lose to Kansas. 

1 minute ago, The Murphinator said:

Oklahoma is overrated, there is no way they are a 4 or 5 seed. Teams are starting to figure out how to slow down and disrupt Trae Young. If Oklahoma doesn't have Trae Young they are not a tournament team.

If Nebraska doesn't have James Palmer Jr., they are not a tournament team, either. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I watched Oklahoma beat Kansas. I watched TCU beat West Virginia. I also watched Nebraska lose to Kansas. 

If Nebraska doesn't have James Palmer Jr., they are not a tournament team, either. 

I meant that Oklahoma has lost 7 of there last 9 games because Trae Young hasn't been as good in that stretch. Oklahoma is still a tournament team, but they should be a 6 or 7 seed and not a 4 or 5.

Just now, The Murphinator said:

I meant that Oklahoma has lost 7 of there last 9 games because Trae Young hasn't been as good in that stretch. Oklahoma is still a tournament team, but they should be a 6 or 7 seed and not a 4 or 5.

I completely agree; they're closer to the 8 line than the 5 line (which is where they're at on Bracket Matrix). But both them and TCU are solidly in the tournament, barring a massive collapse in the last 3 weeks. Instead of their resumes, fans need to be focusing on teams like USC, UCLA, Texas, Syracuse and Virginia Tech. 

24 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

And let's not forget the officiating angle--that official was dismissed for a history of poor calls and negative behavior/antics on the court. 

Can't remember his name...but he was a significant factor. I mean, FFS, he ejected Tim Miles because he was trying to alert them that the timekeeper didn't do their job.

Wow. I can't believe i forgot about that. I was a little loaded.

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

so......

I was there with co-workers at the time and a few were former creighton basketball players.

Got into an argument with one because he was trashing Miles. Creighton played in the game after that.

Well, at least we didn't get our doors blown off as bad as the little jay birds :lol:

10 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Had NU won against UCF, they'd have played head to head and there would be an answer to that question.

8 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

And that game alone would probably be enough to put Nebraska in the tournament, let alone winning it. 

http://www.rpiforecast.com/wizard/Nebraska.html

Using that link, if Nebraska had beaten UCF and then lost to West Virginia and lost to St. John's again, their RPI would currently be 52nd instead of 51st.

If they had lost to West Virginia but beaten St. John's, it would currently be 39th.

If they had beaten West Virginia but lost to Missouri, it would currently be 39th.

If they had beaten West Virginia and Missouri, it would currently be 22nd.

So yeah, another win over a team with a pulse in that tournament could have really helped.

Edited by HS_Coach_C