Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

B1G going to a 20 game conference schedule next season.  Makes it less likely to have such a wonky schedule like we did this year.  Doesn't help that traditional quality teams like IU and Wiscy are so terrible this year either.

Also playing at MSG is not worth the awful scheduling and having to play conference games in the non-con schedule.  Makes it more difficult to put together a schedule and just made for a brutal two week stretch.  Play it in Brooklyn or the right weekend if you want NYC that bad.

1 hour ago, Omaha-Husker said:

B1G going to a 20 game conference schedule next season.  Makes it less likely to have such a wonky schedule like we did this year.  Doesn't help that traditional quality teams like IU and Wiscy are so terrible this year either.

Also playing at MSG is not worth the awful scheduling and having to play conference games in the non-con schedule.  Makes it more difficult to put together a schedule and just made for a brutal two week stretch.  Play it in Brooklyn or the right weekend if you want NYC that bad.

ACC is playing in Brooklyn this year so it's not available thw right week either.

2 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

The record for wins in a season is 26, in case anyone is interested. I do not know if that would include postseason play because we got bounced in the first round that year.

It did include the Big 8 tournament and would have included any NCAA wins if they had gotten any.

19 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

ACC is playing in Brooklyn this year so it's not available thw right week either.

Didn't look that up.  I meant more in general, the ACC and B1G aren't going to play in NYC every year so figure out a rotation in Brooklyn with them and play on the right weekend going forward.  Playing the same weekend as the Valley is going to be so awful.  The B1G going from the game that leads into the selection show to a pure afterthought the entire weekend.

11 hours ago, Omaha-Husker said:

Didn't look that up.  I meant more in general, the ACC and B1G aren't going to play in NYC every year so figure out a rotation in Brooklyn with them and play on the right weekend going forward.  Playing the same weekend as the Valley is going to be so awful.  The B1G going from the game that leads into the selection show to a pure afterthought the entire weekend.

Somewhere on the board I suggested an 8 year rotation of Omaha, Minneapolis, DC & NYC (Brooklyn) once and Chicago & Indianapolis twice. I still think it would be a great plan.

• Plus1 2

19 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

The record for wins in a season is 26, in case anyone is interested. I do not know if that would include postseason play because we got bounced in the first round that year.

That '90-01 team made a run to the finals of the Big 8 Tournament, which would have added 2 wins to their season total.  That team was 24-6 in the regular season.

I was a freshman in high school that year, and that team was so fun to watch and follow all year long.  They had to play a very late game on Friday night of the NCAA tournament, and didn't play well.  Xavier also shot very well that night (54% from the field, and 6 of 14 from 3's.  It's too bad NU couldn't get past that 1st game, because they had the talent to make a deep run.

Edited by ColoradoHusk