Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

5 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That '90-01 team made a run to the finals of the Big 8 Tournament, which would have added 2 wins to their season total.  That team was 24-6 in the regular season.

I was a freshman in high school that year, and that team was so fun to watch and follow all year long.  They had to play a very late game on Friday night of the NCAA tournament, and didn't play well.  Xavier also shot very well that night (54% from the field, and 6 of 14 from 3's.  It's too bad NU couldn't get past that 1st game, because they had the talent to make a deep run.

They also had two starters suspended for taking extra benefits during the week before the tournament.

25 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

They also had two starters suspended for taking extra benefits during the week before the tournament.

Nebraska? Who was suspended? I vaguely remember Tony Farmer being questioned about his eligibility, but he played in the tournament game.

Here is the box score.  I don’t see anyone suspended from the game.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/1991-03-14-nebraska.html

Edited by ColoradoHusk

42 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Nebraska? Who was suspended? I vaguely remember Tony Farmer being questioned about his eligibility, but he played in the tournament game.

Here is the box score.  I don’t see anyone suspended from the game.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/1991-03-14-nebraska.html

Ramos ( part time starting point guard) didn't play & I don't remember Farmer playing but it was nearly 30 years ago.

Edited by ECisGod

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:48 PM, Red Five said:

ESPN's BPI has us winning 4.5 games of the final 8.  % Chance of each win:

Iowa 67%

@ Wisc 34%

@ Minn 36%

Rut 87%

Mary 51%

@ Ill 44%

Ind 72%

PSU 59%

This is from 1/25 (after the OSU game).  What we have done so far was given a 3.6% chance of happening...

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This is from 1/25 (after the OSU game).  What we have done so far was given a 3.6% chance of happening...

The fact our chances of beating Indiana and PSU have gone down since 1/25 tell me to pay no attention to this. Although... both Indiana and PSU have won 4 in a row so I s'pose it makes a little sense.

Edited by Moiraine
2 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Who do we want to win? Michigan or Ohio State?

It might not matter. Michigan winning would help our RPI, but according to the people on this thread we match up better with Ohio State than with Michigan State, so we want Ohio State to be the #1 seed in the tournament so we can play them instead.