Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

14 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Two things I don't like about CBB:

1. The regular season conference winners are the ones who should be auto qualifiers, especially for smaller schools/conferences 
  2. Every Big 6 should have 4 auto qualifiers and then take the rest for at large bids 

I'm pretty sure the conference can designate which team gets their auto-bid.  Everyone does their tournament champion but I believe they could designate their regular-season champion instead.

2/28

Boston College over Syracuse - check

Xavier over Providence - check

Clemson over Florida State - check

Pitt over Notre Dame   (not a big deal if Notre Dame wins) - miss

Texas A&M over Georgia (not a big deal, but Georgia isn't too far off the bubble) - check

UCONN over Temple (Temple is still close to the Bubble according to some) - check

5/6 on the night is great

BONUS - St. John's over Butler 

• Plus1 3

20 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Our most likely hopes of teams dropping out: Texas, Alabama, Louisville, Loser of Baylor/Kansas State, Providence, USC

Teams that are the most danger of getting in over Nebraska: Syracuse, Washington, UCLA, Utah, Marquette

Rooting interests (in order of how much it would help Nebraska):

2/28

Boston College over Syracuse

Xavier over Providence

Clemson over Florida State

Pitt over Notre Dame   (not a big deal if Notre Dame wins)

Texas A&M over Georgia (not a big deal, but Georgia isn't too far off the bubble)

UCONN over Temple (Temple is still close to the Bubble according to some)

2018 Bubble Teams.pdf

Thanks for posting this.  Great information.  It was a nice little Wednesday night for Nebraska's tournament hopes.  I personnally think a win over Michigan would be enough (maybe I'm wrong) as long as there are no major surprises in other conference tournaments.

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

How to get into the tourney:

1. Michigan beats Iowa
  2. Nebraska beats Michigan 

52 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Agreed. Only way we need to make Championship game is if Iowa upsets Michigan.

For the most part I agree.  There is also a chance that some teams win their conference tournaments and steal bids, or some of the teams around Nebraska on the bubble make runs deep in their tournaments, which would improve their resumes.  Not overly likely.

Control what they can control - just win tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

For the most part I agree.  There is also a chance that some teams win their conference tournaments and steal bids, or some of the teams around Nebraska on the bubble make runs deep in their tournaments, which would improve their resumes.  Not overly likely.

Control what they can control - just win tomorrow.

Yeah, I also am in the belief that Lunardi isn't quite that accurate this year and that the fact that we are a P6 school, with a top 4 finish, it will hold some extra weight.

Today's games of importance for Nebraska:

Michigan over Iowa

GT over NC State (can't hurt)

Virginia over Louisville (MUST HAPPEN)

Ark. State over Louisiana (They owe us for all the pick sixes tLee gave them)

Cal over Arizona State (could throw a wrench into things for ASU)

Marist over Fairfield (why not?)

Oregon State over Washington

Missouri State over Valparaiso (in the same tournament as us next year, may as well start looking good for the RPI next year now)

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

New one is up.

Still in our same spot.

The frustrating thing about this is basically no matter what outcomes occur in games right now these teams listed below have absolutely true negative movement:

Alabama

Syracuse

Oklahoma

Florida State

I think the Committee will look at the "what have you done for me lately"

Oklahoma is a perfect example of this(2-8 in last 10 games). On paper they have a better resume but they have not been good in there last ten games. Same thing with Alabama(lost 4 in a row/lost by 19 at home to Florida).

Nebraska is white hot and while I agree they dont have signature wins, they are basically beating the teams put in front of them.. Cant change the schedule mid-year.

Watching some basketball last night and honestly I think Nebraska would crush some of those teams. Oklahoma will get in simply because of the Trae Young hype.

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

New one is up.

Still in our same spot.

The frustrating thing about this is basically no matter what outcomes occur in games right now these teams listed below have absolutely true negative movement:

Alabama

Syracuse

Oklahoma

Florida State

It says it's for today, but absolutely nothing changed on it.  I'm thinking that Syracuse should drop a bit, but other than that yesterday's results don't affect much.  Maybe Butler slides from an 8 to a 9, but Providence and Florida State losing to ranked teams shouldn't drop them.