2018 Season Predictions

Mavric

Predict the Results of the 2018 Season  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I predict an 8-4 season; and I believe that *should* be considered a good season, considering the product that was consistently put on the field last season.

I wouldn't be disappointed with 7-5; so long as we are competitive in most of those losses, and it isn't major coaching flaws that lose us those games. (I wouldn't be surprised with a blowout loss to Ohio St. again, however).

3 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

I just don't get why people are so high on Michigan. Frankly, they're the biggest pretender in the B1G, and they always seem to drop early contests to lesser teams. :dunno

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Michigan is loaded but they use such a lame offense that they other teams can stay in the game and then all it takes it a mistake.

I would say the same about their offense.  The couple games I watched I was thinking Langs was calling plays for them.

The caveat is they had terrible luck with injuries to their QBs.  Speight started the first four games then got hurt.  O'Korn started the next four then got hurt.  Then they implemented the Frank Solich prevent offense when they were down to their third-stringer.  I can't imagine the amount of excuses that would be flowing if that happened to us.

They have a ton of talent.  If they can get some competent - and un-injured - QB play they will be tough.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I would say the same about their offense.  The couple games I watched I was thinking Langs was calling plays for them.

The caveat is they had terrible luck with injuries to their QBs.  Speight started the first four games then got hurt.  O'Korn started the next four then got hurt.  Then they implemented the Frank Solich prevent offense when they were down to their third-stringer.  I can't imagine the amount of excuses that would be flowing if that happened to us.

They have a ton of talent.  If they can get some competent - and un-injured - QB play they will be tough.

I think one of their issues is they love a statue QB...Immediate advantage to the defense.  They are also about as conservative as my prom date...

It seems like THEY keep the other team in the game when they don't need to do that.

• Plus1 1

Just now, teachercd said:

I think one of their issues is they love a statue QB...Immediate advantage to the defense.  They are also about as conservative as my prom date...

It seems like THEY keep the other team in the game when they don't need to do that.

I call BS here.

There's no way you'd invite a conservative girl to go to prom with you.  :lol:

• Plus1 1
On 1/18/2018 at 1:11 PM, Mavric said:

we'd never play the third stringer. we'd just trot either of the injured two back out there .

...I look to to one 2 position groups in trying to determine who gets the win..as usually these two groups determine score board..and that the big men. The O and D lines..and I just don’t see the amount of improvement that’s required to go past 7-5..and that’s optimistic..they must unlearn everything, lean again, somehow get a new mind that has some aggression in it, get incredibly stronger and quicker, lose 20 pounds,..and I could go on..that’s a tall task in just one spring and fall cycle...5-7 is certainly possible..poor big men play..= destruction 

• Plus1 1
On 1/18/2018 at 1:11 PM, Mavric said:

I think even if they get an un-injured QB for a stretch, they're not that well-coached or have a scheme or talent level that we can't overcome. Hell, I'm inclined to think Michigan is, at best, the fourth-best team in the B1G East behind Michigan State, tOSU, and Penn State and potentially eighth-best behind Wisky, Iowa, NW, and (potentially) DoNU.

24 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Hell, I'm inclined to think Michigan is, at best, the fourth-best team in the B1G East behind Michigan State, tOSU, and Penn State and potentially eighth-best behind Wisky, Iowa, NW, and (potentially) DoNU.

Shocked-CM-Punk.gif?ssl=1