Over rated-underrated restaurants in Nebraska.

3 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Has anybody here ever eaten at Piezon?  Curious people thoughts.

Yes. I really liked it, and it's fairly cheap. They just took over the old King Kong on the corner of 156th and Center, so they have dine-in service now, too. 

The one downfall before they moved was time; we called in one night and our order was going to take 2 hours. It's better now that they have more space. 

Wow....does anyone get west of Lincoln?

I think these are mostly underrated simply because many people don't know about them.

Mexican - Pretty much any locally owned Mexican restaurant in Lexington. Seriously.....I honestly don't have much of a desire to eat Mexican anywhere else.  That's about the last nice thing you will see me say about lexington...but...their food is dang good.  (My supper tonight)

OK...one more for Lexington...China Hi -  Really good Chinese food and the family that runs it is super nice and fun.

The Speakeasy outside of Holdrege - great food and great atmosphere.  Unique place to go. (probably eat here on Saturday)

Kindkader Brewery Broken Bow - Good beer and the food I've had was pretty good too.

Bella Italia Cozad - Great Italian that you just can't find anywhere else in western Nebraska.  Started by a guy who owned an Italian restaurant in NYC.  It's not small town Nebraska Italian food.

The Pool Hall Eustis - good food and great atmosphere.  New owners a couple years ago have stepped it up a notch.  

Overrated.....

Mac's Driv-in McCook - For the life of me I can't figure out why people think this is a special place to eat.  It's cheap fast food and if that's what you're after, fine.  But, there is better places to eat in the area.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Two towns that have very very little as far as restaurants.  A couple weeks ago in Ord, we ended up eating at Arby's simply because there wasn't anything else open.

It has been years since I have set foot in either place.  Ord seemed "better" than Hershey.

What were the others I remember out there, Sargent, Ansly?, Anselmo-Merna?  One of those had a bad ass Taco Tuesday at a bar...I can't remember the name 

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It has been years since I have set foot in either place.  Ord seemed "better" than Hershey.

What were the others I remember out there, Sargent, Ansly?, Anselmo-Merna?  One of those had a bad ass Taco Tuesday at a bar...I can't remember the name 

Not familiar with those.

Rustic Tavern in Mullen is pretty good and not well known.