Over rated-underrated restaurants in Nebraska.

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Colorado is west of Omaha.

That's the only reason I've been west of Lincoln.  Had a decent burger at some place in Ogallala.

Also two HIGHLY overrated places in the Omaha area are La Mesa and Maria's.  Those places are trash Mexican and the only reason people think they are good is because they are drunk from the strong margaritas.

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Central and Western Nebraska has great scenery

I have never been to about 2/3 of this state.  From St. Paul to O'Neil, all along the north border of the state, the whole panhandle, south to Kansas, back over to about Red Cloud, up to Grand Island.  Never been to anywhere in that area, with the exception of Kearney, along the Interstate to CO & WY, and I think I spent the night in Holdrege for a wedding once.  Anything west of Hastings, Grand Island, O'Neil, most of that stuff I've never seen. 

• Plus1 1

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I've heard Jim and Jennie's from multiple people, so we'll have to give that a try.

Also, I can't stand fast food and eat it only if I've got no other option. (And even then I'll sometimes just go hungry.) When people talk about whether In-n-Out or whatever is better, I imagine them arguing over which dumpster has the best scraps.

14 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It is?

Was making my statement based off growing up in Omaha.

I'm in the same boat. There are some fantastic places to eat west of Lincoln and I've been to a couple of them. But, there's very little reason (if any) for me to leave Omaha. And there really isn't a lot of incentive to do so if you're from Omaha (outside of a Husker game). Hell, I haven't even been to several places here where people love to eat.

2 hours ago, Enhance said:

I'm in the same boat. There are some fantastic places to eat west of Lincoln and I've been to a couple of them. But, there's very little reason (if any) for me to leave Omaha. And there really isn't a lot of incentive to do so if you're from Omaha (outside of a Husker game). Hell, I haven't even been to several places here where people love to eat.

Yep!

And since I can drive 10 minutes and float on the Elkhorn there is no reason to drive 94.7 hours to float out west.

• Plus1 1

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Not familiar with those.

Rustic Tavern in Mullen is pretty good and not well known.

If you ever travel Hwy 2 again, stop in Halsey at the Double T Bar...Best cheeseburgers I have ever had. 

You can also head North of Halsey and try Uncle Bucks.  Great place and great food.