Potential for guys currently on the roster

Vince R.

On 1/18/2018 at 1:06 PM, lo country said:

I look at the previous 3 years and saw a lot of issues all over the field.  I really think we will all be pleasantly surprised at how much better this team looks across the board with Frost and Co. I think we will start to see how the "good on paper" translate to positive results on the field....

That would be a giant breath of fresh air.  Each of the last three coaches have put teams on the field that played below the talent level. Execution, mental toughness, and penalties have all been worse than our opponents.

19 hours ago, Hunter94 said:

I dont expect Frost to be a miracle worker, but there should be better overall effort.

Last year I could tell if they were going to (not) be competitive by the way they came out of the tunnel.  So, "subtle" things like that, in my opinion, is going to change.  I expect there'll be more fire and energy, to go along with the higher level of effort.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Last year I could tell if they were going to (not) be competitive by the way they came out of the tunnel.  So, "subtle" things like that, in my opinion, is going to change.  I expect there'll be more fire and energy, to go along with the higher level of effort.

Agreed. Body language can tell you a lot in sports. Look at that UCF sideline during games, they were going crazy and having fun. While we were just kinda like meh on the sidelines during games.

16 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Agreed. Body language can tell you a lot in sports. Look at that UCF sideline during games, they were going crazy and having fun. While we were just kinda like meh on the sidelines during games.

Yuh huh.  That is one thing i noticed when watching UCF games (most of the season, when i could).  The ENERGY of the kids on the sidelines, and all of the dialed in on the game and EACH OTHER.  Then comparing to our guys, it was like looking like little expressionless robots.  Frustrating to see.

3 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Antonio Reed is someone I am very intrigued by. He had his moments where he looked like the best secondary player. I would be high on guys who have flashed in the last three years and I believe he flashed last year. 

Agreed. I think Reed showed some great play against the run and has good potential as an in-the-box safety, questions only with his coverage ability.

Frost is going to give guys a chance to prove it. Guys will be worked harder than ever before and this will truly show Frost what kind of character guys have. If they truly want to compete they will stay and if it isnt for them, they will leave.

The nice thing is everyone will be on somewhat equal footing and have a chance to prove themselves. I think we will quickly weed out a few guys.

Thins wont change overnight and nothing says that we have a guy like Griffin waiting in the wings, but it will be fun to see where guys end up.