2018 Starting Lineup Campaigning Thread

Mavric

51 minutes ago, knapplc said:

All the Mods used to have ref avatars to wear during Starting Lineup.  I'm happy to make those again if you guys want them.

That's kind of you to offer, I don't feel like there's a need. My ego is perfectly content with the mod label under my name. 

On 2/2/2018 at 4:50 AM, Edison's Enemy said:

Man, I’m like Mr. Newcombe. I need to expand from my role as punt returner and become a cog in the offensive game plan. I stayed out of the QB race; I didn’t want to upset a future Heisman winner. But y’all need me at wide receiver!

Just please don’t switch to the Bruce Read punt “return”.

I suppose you could also Dejuan Groce me. I could play DB. We all know I can take a hit from a wideout like this...

Y’all only have five hours left to get me over to wide receiver. Don’t leave Bobby hangin’! 

What a honor.  I was nominated for ILB.   My first ever nomination.  I actually played OLB in HS and also free safety. So not too far off.  The coach wanted me to play in space because I was a hitter - not big but fearless in tackling.  I got a few flags for being too aggressive.  I guess you aren't allowed to hit the RB after the whistle is blown. :dunno Who knew??

Because I played small town S. Dak football I played both ways - TE on O - but it was mainly to block for our all state RB.  So on O I blocked for the RB and on D I hit the RB. 

I've enjoyed posting on HB this year - some ups and down with football but it ended wt a big UP- things are looking bright for the future.  On the political forum, one has to adjust to new realities - be flexible.  Hold party loyalties lightly as just when you think 'your party' is right, it ends up wrong.  So, I've done a fair amount of political adjustment over the last year.   Kind of like football - adjustments have to be made on the fly at  times to meet your objective.  That is the role of the on field coach the ILB.

• Plus1 3
On 2/2/2018 at 4:50 AM, Edison's Enemy said:

Man, I’m like Mr. Newcombe. I need to expand from my role as punt returner and become a cog in the offensive game plan. I stayed out of the QB race; I didn’t want to upset a future Heisman winner. But y’all need me at wide receiver!

Just please don’t switch to the Bruce Read punt “return”.

I suppose you could also Dejuan Groce me. I could play DB. We all know I can take a hit from a wideout like this...

Since I got hung out to dry at wide-out worse than Grant Mulkey, I gotta get on the grind to get me a DB spot. I need a Free Safety spot so I can be #47 like my favorite Browns' player of all-time, or my favorite person to play for the Browns, at least.

If you doubt my commitment to the team, along with 'Exhibit A' in the video above, I present my band's name:

a1073432065_10.jpg

...and my tattoo:

in the deed the glory.jpg

Edited by Edison's Enemy
  • Plus1 1