Top 5 Nebraska players to replace

NUance

7 minutes ago, Roll Skers said:

I agree, but Will Honas will fill his spot, and maybe even be better than Weber. We got JUCOs in the positions on D we had holes at

Honas has potential but there's going to be a learning curve for him next year.  He's always played in a 4-3, and the adjustment into a 3-4 won't be easy.   Fortunately he's an inside linebacker and if they keep him inside that's an easier transition that the outside would be.  I'd like to see him add 10 pounds or so to be at a more ideal weight.  The kids going to take a pounding playing in the big10

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, NUance said:

You remember that Gates had an ankle injury during the last part of the 2016 season, right?  But we didn't have anyone behind him that was better, injury and all.  So he played injured. 

And that clip shows All American DE Derek Barnett going up against redshirt sophomore Nick Gates.  Barnett went 14th overall in the first round of the NFL draft a couple months later.  What exactly would you expect out of that situation?  Or are you just parroting the point of that douchenozzle Cole Cubelic in his Tweet with Barnett v. Gates? 

That isn't lack of experience, thats just utter s#!t 0% effort in blocking by gates lmao

On 1/18/2018 at 7:52 AM, B.B. Hemingway said:

Yeah, Drew Brown was great, but when your kicker is at the top of a list like this you're not losing much. I'd probably move Weber up the list a couple spots even.

On 1/18/2018 at 7:48 AM, BIG ERN said:

No disrespect, but I've never seen an easier 5 to replace going into next season. 

I agree that Drew Brown is going to be the toughest to replace.  Its so sad to even utter those words.

I would not move #49 up on that list at all.  I could make the argument that he was the reason for most of the big run plays.  Slow and stiff.  

On 1/18/2018 at 10:56 AM, NUance said:

You remember that Gates had an ankle injury during the last part of the 2016 season, right?  But we didn't have anyone behind him that was better, injury and all.  So he played injured. 

And that clip shows All American DE Derek Barnett going up against redshirt sophomore Nick Gates.  Barnett went 14th overall in the first round of the NFL draft a couple months later.  What exactly would you expect out of that situation?  Or are you just parroting the point of that douchenozzle Cole Cubelic in his Tweet with Barnett v. Gates? 

Don't you know that if you are a highly touted player at Nebraska(bonus points for oline) and you dont live up to the hype then you are just a giant piece of s#!t that can never do anything right and everyone can talk down on you. 

On 1/18/2018 at 9:48 AM, TGHusker said:

That Nick Gates video is hard to watch. They really weren't teaching any skills were they.  Gates is one of the biggest coaching fails when it comes to Freshman potential to Senior results

Benning talking again just now about a time when Phillip was trying to get after Gates for lack of effort in the weight room but Riley stepped in and told him to lay off him.

Averse to accountability, or so it would seem.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Benning talking again just now about a time when Phillip was trying to get after Gates for lack of effort in the weight room but Riley stepped in and told him to lay off him.

Riley was too busy trying to be everyone's friend rather than being their actual coach.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

SMH.  With all the tidbits coming out about how things have been run under certain regimes, from the top on down, am i so thankful the house has been cleaned and slates freshened.  GBR!!

• Plus1 1